Sign in with
Your question

Why is my broadband slow?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 2, 2009 11:31:04 PM

i read the answers but its too technical for me. I have subscribed to telecom nz wireless broadband 3G download plan. the download speed should be 256kbps but i checked on speedtest.net it is showin me 60kbps, why has it gone slow & how do i improve it? I have definitely not utilized the 3G limit.

More about : broadband slow

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 3, 2009 7:16:57 AM

Speed tests are not necessarily reliable -- in any case, should be run several times over the course of several days at different times to reach any realistic conclusions.

As for cellphone internet, the advertised speed barely counts as broadband -- let alone the actual speed you report -- which could be subject to all sorts of variables due to the nature of the technology.

I should test again and direct any question to TNZ and see what remedies (financial or other) that they offer.

December 24, 2009 3:04:54 AM

nigels said:
i read the answers but its too technical for me. I have subscribed to telecom nz wireless broadband 3G download plan. the download speed should be 256kbps but i checked on speedtest.net it is showin me 60kbps, why has it gone slow & how do i improve it? I have definitely not utilized the 3G limit.

Hi,
simple steps to accelerate internet speed little,just do this delete all temp files,give clear cache every day..u will feel the speed
to test ur speed test just reach http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
!