Sign in with
Your question

Black screen no available BIOS

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 21, 2011 5:38:26 PM

Windows 7 is installed, however, I woke up this morning, turned on the laptop to find nothing but a black screen. No F keys will work nor escape key. Computer does not recognize a bootable disk.
Can any one tell me what the problem is and how it can be resolved? I don't know if it is the hard drive or the motherboard. I don't know where to start looking since I have never encountered this problem.

More about : black screen bios

a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2011 11:24:07 PM

computer does not recognize a bootable disk - how were you able to determine that?

if your screen is absolutely blank shine a bright light on it, your backlight might have died, if you can make something out on the screen with bright light shining on the screen your backlight has died. If the screen is absolutely blank and devoid of any function, but the computer itself seems to be functioning your LCD might be dead.

To confirm that this is a screen problem, connect an external screen to your laptop and try then, if external works fine, you need to get the laptop to a repair shop

if external monitor doesn't work there might be something more sinister at work, like dead motherboard/CPU
m
l
August 21, 2011 11:29:58 PM

The screen is not dead. I am sorry, I failed to mention the flashing cursor. When the computer starts up, the initial screen shows it is loading w/out any F-keys and shows the factory name of the computer (Qosimo) and then goes to a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the extreme upper left-hand corner.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2011 1:37:15 PM

Oh ok, you need to get into the BIOS menu and check the boot sequence, make sure your computer is set to boot from CD before HDD, then your recovery CD should work/load
m
l
August 22, 2011 4:05:17 PM

How do I get into the BIOS when the F-keys don't work nor is there any options showing for the bios. The bios selection line is blank, no options. No F keys will work nor escape key. Computer does not recognize a bootable disk. When the computer starts up, the initial screen shows it is loading w/out any F-keys and shows the factory name of the computer (Qosimo) and then goes to a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the extreme upper left-hand corner.
m
l
!