Very happy with the 3870!

Just got it in a new machine paired with E2180 @ 2.8ghz. So far performance has been great! My wife can run ultra-high settings in LOTRO and all the single player games she is working on right now are at least 6 months old, so no worries there, great FPS all around. We were on a budget and wanted something that would give us a happy medium between price/performance, this has been it.
9 answers Last reply
More about very happy 3870
  1. Happy to hear. Enjoy!:)
  2. good for u!
  3. That is great. I, myself will be upgrading from this 5 year old dell that I am currently using. *shivers* On-board video *shivers* I'll be getting the 8800GT though.

On that same note, LOTRO was a pretty good game while I was playing it. However, I only played during beta.
  4. T-T GOD DAMNIT CLUBIT AND YOUR SLOW PROCESSING T-T

- having all your parts minus your Q6600 and your motherboard till Monday/Tuesday sucks the big 1 :(

ahem...uh GratZ!?
  5. aadamszc said:
    That is great. I, myself will be upgrading from this 5 year old dell that I am currently using. *shivers* On-board video *shivers* I'll be getting the 8800GT though.

On that same note, LOTRO was a pretty good game while I was playing it. However, I only played during beta.

You my friend are going from a 1973 Ford Pinto to a 2008 Rolls Royce. Happy playing!
  6. at least his on board graphics doesn't explode after a slight bump
  7. So Can I expect a noticeable jump from my 7600gt?
  8. what happen to your old VC? :)

PS: If ATI would give me one of this VC as a gift I would be much happier than you.... lol
  9. geotech said:
    So Can I expect a noticeable jump from my 7600gt?

3870 and 8800GT is like 4x faster than 7600GT, so yes ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Graphics Product