Anyone use the NF650iSLIT-A and care to comment on it?

absufan

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Hey everyone!

Read the review of the 650i boards last night and found it quite interesting.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/24/seven_650i_sli_motherboards_compared/

I've been eyeing the ECS NF650iSLIT-A because it's very inexpensive and even rebated at Newegg right now.

My curiousity is this... I see where it takes a penalty is some gaming due to the 8x PCI-e with a single card, but would running this in an SLI mode clear that up and put it on par with the others? I'm thinking of running this with two 8800GT's. Any feedback is welcomed.

thanks

fleep

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
For what it's worth, I'm using that board right now and I'm getting errors, crashes, and reboots when using 2 of the memory slots. It doesn't matter if I use 1/3 or 2/4, I get the same problems. If I use 1 slot, it works fine. Either stick of RAM works, but using them both together makes the board unstable.

I'm at work and can't post the specs of the memory, but I read somewhere else on the newegg.com reviews that this board has memory handling problems, wish I would have researched a little better before buying...

G

I use one. I dont have a problem with memory except i cant run it at 2.2 volts. The max bios setting is 1.95. Hopfully they will address this.

As for the pci express i dont notice a difference. I use a 8800gt oc and it runs games great. There was a review with this board compared to others running at 16x and difference was in the region of a few percent. Considering the other slot would the same it would be fine for sli. Saying that they are fairly close together so the double width cards might find it a squeeze.

Im getting a new board anyway as it does not do the Intel 45nm chips but this has served me well and i know my brother is gonna be chuffed with it.

TRENDING THREADS