Reserator 2 flow problems with SLI

mcbath

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
Anyone else had trouble with the flow when cooling 2 gfx cards using zalmons waterblocks for both gpu and memory.... i realise that 4 blocks, but im not cooling anything else so 4 blocks seems ok. The reserator itself seems ok (and i do mean only ok) when pumping round 2 meters of tube without blocks.

Just trying to figure out if its the reserator and i should return it, or if im just demanding too much and should buy an external pump.

thanks

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I have a reserator 1 and have connected it to my rig a couple of days ago after not using it for about a year and half. Only had 2 waterblocks and about 2 meters of pipe.My CPU temperatures were higher than with the stock heatsink/cooler!I've disconnected it now again.Thinking that maybe the pump is too weak to do a proper job although I could see the cooling liquid flow through the flow meter. Perhaps you need a better, stronger pump.Shouldn't be too hard to replace if it's a compatible model.

mcbath

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
Buying a Swifttech MCP665 pump to see if that shifts the flow. If it does, ill just use the reserator as a watertank/radiator and leave the pumping to the swifttech.

mcbath

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
Ok, installed the new pump for a fast test, and instant flow. Its also pretty quiet. Only sound on slow flow is the sound of water trickling which is not too loud and will be easily absorbed when i find space for it in my case, or build an external box for it.

I tried with and without the zalmon pump on and the flow doesnt seem to change much with it on, and its louder than the new pump so I may just remove the pump completely if I can figure out how without breaking the reservator :)