Why no Nokia 6230 on west coast?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 19, 2005 2:30:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

They sell the Nokia 6230 on the east coast, but not on the west coast. Does
anyone know why?

Someone at the cingular store in my area said it was because they had
problems with ENS on that phone. Does that mean they are willing to sell a
phone that isn't functioning properly on the east coast but not the west
coast? Or was this rep speaking typical nonsense?

When will the Nokia 6230 become available in California?

More about : nokia 6230 west coast

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 6:07:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <xQEHd.4158$ry.3385@fed1read05> on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:38:19 -0800,
"Halogen8" <halogen8@gmail.com> wrote:

>Also the V551 doesnt get as good of reviews as the 6230 according for
>phonescoop:
>
>V551
>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...
>
>vs.
>
>Nokia 6230
>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...

CNET:
Motorola V5xx - Editors' rating: Very good, 8.0 out of 10
Nokia 6230 - Editors' rating: Good, 7.6 out of 10

January 20, 2005 6:07:19 AM

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <xQEHd.4158$ry.3385@fed1read05> on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:38:19 -0800,
> "Halogen8" <halogen8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Also the V551 doesnt get as good of reviews as the 6230 according for
>>phonescoop:
>>
>>V551
>>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...
>>
>>vs.
>>
>>Nokia 6230
>>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...
>

> CNET:
> Motorola V5xx - Editors' rating: Very good, 8.0 out of 10
> Nokia 6230 - Editors' rating: Good, 7.6 out of 10

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;

Except Cnet is only a small number of people, aka editors. Phonescoop is
the everyday users who is interested enough to voice their opinion.

Phonescoop is 70 reviews for the V551 and 38 for the Nokia 6230. That
represents a much more accurate review of the two phones.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 10:56:16 AM

In <qmHHd.4191$ry.3763@fed1read05> on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:30:59 -0800,
"Halogen8" <halogen8@gmail.com> wrote:

>> In <xQEHd.4158$ry.3385@fed1read05> on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:38:19 -0800,
>> "Halogen8" <halogen8@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Also the V551 doesnt get as good of reviews as the 6230 according for
>>>phonescoop:
>>>
>>>V551
>>>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...
>>>
>>>vs.
>>>
>>>Nokia 6230
>>>http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone...
>>
>> CNET:
>> Motorola V5xx - Editors' rating: Very good, 8.0 out of 10
>> Nokia 6230 - Editors' rating: Good, 7.6 out of 10

>Except Cnet is only a small number of people, aka editors. Phonescoop is
>the everyday users who is interested enough to voice their opinion.
>
>Phonescoop is 70 reviews for the V551 and 38 for the Nokia 6230. That
>represents a much more accurate review of the two phones.

I disagree: CNET is professional, whereas Phonescoop is anything but
scientific, and easily distorted.

February 12, 2005 1:14:28 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:30:58 -0800, "Halogen8" <halogen8@gmail.com> wrote:

>They sell the Nokia 6230 on the east coast, but not on the west coast. Does
>anyone know why?
<snip>
Well, my wife got one, and then cound the drivers for Bluetooth on her Palm
T3 would not permit SMS or Tap Dial. USENET searches reveal this problem
goes back to last summer, and is caused by Nokia's changes to the AT
command set, so a new driver would have to be written... but, PalmOne
doesn't want to spend software engineering talent on the issue, so she will
sell it and get something which works 100% with her Palm.

There's one explanation.
There may be many others.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.