User Password cannot be reset. Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

janell_1123

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hi there! Can anyone help me how to bring back my original windows to just administration, without other account user. My problem is I can only access now to my guest user account. I forgot my password and could not reset anymore as it doesnt allow me for some reason. What should I do please?

Awaits ur reply.
Kindest regards,

Janie

auterbull

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Try this: To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. 2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER. 3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER. If the above method cannot help you, try this useful tool "Windows Password Seeker".

fisherchou

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Five days ago, I had an embarrassing experience that I forgot my Windows vista administrator password. As there is so much important data on my disk, I can not reinstall Windows. However, I thankfully found a useful tool. I download the program Windows Password Reset 9.0 and follow step-by-step instructions. Finally, I removed Windows password successfully.

yanse

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
You have a few options..

1) boot into safe mode and see if the hidden administrator account has a password set or not (alot of people forget to set it). once you get in you can create yourself a new user.

2) An ERD disk would work if you have one.

3) If you have an install disk you can also do a repair install which will ask you for a new admin password but won’t delete the other programs on the machine.

4) downloadable crack programs like those listed here : http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com/windows-7-password-recovery.html

jimhaybrook

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Dear Janie,

i forgot windows admin account password of my laptop once too
and so I decided to create a simple blog to help out people with similar problems.

Recommending the solution that i used...
It was simple, quick and something for newbies... =)

If you need a password reset disk software, that you can put on USB stick or write on a blank CD,
you can read more from my blog:

http://www.passwordresetdisc.com

Regards,

Jim :sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS