Typed character on other side of cursor.

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am finding that when I am typing lines of text (no matter what the
application) that every so often a character I have typed doesn't appear
where expected but instead seems get on the right hand side of the
cursor and move along as I type.

Here's an exmple of what I mean^a (where ^ represents the cursor ).

Is there a way to stop this? I am a two finger typist and type quite fast.

Stan

Try this...

Open Mouse Properties...
Start | Run | Type: control mouse | Click OK |
Pointer Optipons tab | Check Hide pointer while typing |
Click Apply | Click OK

Hide pointer while typing
[[Hides the pointer when you type. The pointer reappears when you move the
mouse or trackball.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6bbCe.2501$Y54.1927@twister.nyc.rr.com,
Stan <spierce@hvc.rr.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am finding that when I am typing lines of text (no matter what the
> application) that every so often a character I have typed doesn't appear
> where expected but instead seems get on the right hand side of the
> cursor and move along as I type.
>
> Here's an exmple of what I mean^a (where ^ represents the cursor ).
>
> Is there a way to stop this? I am a two finger typist and type quite
> fast.
>
> Stan

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> Try this...
>
> Open Mouse Properties...
> Start | Run | Type: control mouse | Click OK |
> Pointer Optipons tab | Check Hide pointer while typing |
> Click Apply | Click OK
>
> Hide pointer while typing
> [[Hides the pointer when you type. The pointer reappears when you move the
> mouse or trackball.]]

I tried this but it didn't help.
Stan