Having problems finding DVI cable for monitor Samsung 906BW

Ekac

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
Today I bought this 19" widescreen monitor by Samsung 906BW at Circuit City, but it doesn't come with DVI cable, just VGA, but it has DVI output for it

Called few local store, searched online for hours, called Samsung, they couldn't find it either,
also look at converting DVI-D (male) to VGA (male), but couldn't find that type of connection anywhere, if I found something close it was DVI-I to VGA M/M

Anyone has any ideas what to do here, everyone is saying in those reviews that they ended buying dvi cables, but what and where did they get it

BTW my desktop is Gateway 420GR, with only one port for monitor and that female VGA, that Ive been using with my old Samsung CRT 19"

remember my desktop video card output is VGA, not dvi-d

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Ekac

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Bought the 226BW was told I had to buy a cable. went to Best buy and bought one then found out that it comes with one !!! Guy in the store said they (Samsung) all come with one. Was the box open??

Ekac

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007

I checked everything, problem is that there is no direct cable that will connect my monitor to my desktop, I need DVI-D male on one end and VGA male on another,
anyway Ill be upgrading my computer even more with 4GB of Memory Ram, much better video card that has DVI output and that will do the trick

thanks for your input folks

Ekac

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007

He was wrong, not all of them comes, even if you search online you will see that Samsung will tell you in their description that dvi-d cable is not included in my case

TRENDING THREADS