Help on performance issues

playasa

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
Hi
I really need some help. I'm having trouble with games. I'm pretty sure it's hardware related.
On most of the newer games, while I'm playing, every minute or so, the game starts "sticking" for about 10seconds. (The fps drops to about 2, but everything seems to do so, as the sound and everything does so).
The problem occurs on any graphic settings in the games
This only happens when it hits 100% cpu usage though. The worst game is NFS: Prostreet, as it even does so in the menu. (I monitor the cpu usage on my Logitech g15 keyboard LCD, and even in the menu this game shows 100% cpu usage)
I have even done a format and fresh install of XP Pro, with only drivers loaded, and still the same.
I have tried all different drivers for all my hardware (even used driver cleaner pro to clean before installing different drivers) , and I do have the latest drivers installed.
I have tried a different graphics card, but still the same.
Also I have done burn in tests and everything, but all my hardware runs fine, it only happens in games, and only when the cpu usage goes up to about 100%.
Heres a list of all the testing software I have used for testing the hardware:
PCmark burn in test
Memtest86
Orthos
3Dmark06
hdtune
hload
and pcmark2008 for monitoring everything.
The temps are all ok, My gpu under full load reaches just over 70, My cpu just over 60, and all the rest run quite cool
The only thing that i picked up while monitoring with pcmark, was the cpu voltages that changed, but i do not know if it is abnormal
While running orthos stress test the voltages roughly changes as follows:
CPU: 1.35 - 1.44
+3.3: 3.31 - 3.4
+5: 4.89 - 4.97
+12: 11.73 -11.92 It might change more during gaming though

Only thing I can think of is maybe the psu not being strong enough, but XFX says it seems sufficiant.
Here are my specs:

AMD X2 6000+
Asus M2N-MX M/B
2GB PC 800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTS
Creative Audigy 4
2 X SATA HDD
DVD-Writer
4 120mm Fans
Coolermaster extreme power 550W PSU

Sorry for the long post, but any help would be appreciated