Scythe Infinity, any experience?

Morcas

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Hi, I'm thinking seriously about buying the Scythe Infinity as my new heatsink, but I'm a little worried about the 'push pin' fittings, being as it weighs nearly a kilo!

Unfortunately, thermalright products, which includes the universal back plate fitting, are not available in my country and I don't know of any alternatives?

Have you had any experience with this product using the 'push pin' assemply?

Thanks

italpasta

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
Just a quick question, sorry if it sounds dumb ;)

..anyways since the fan that comes with the Infinity is 3pin, and most motherboards are 4pin for PWM, how can the speed be adjusted manually? Do I need a fan controller, or will my mobo do it (GA-P35-DS3R)?

Basically, will Speedfan for example allow me to control my Scythe Ninja with 3pin connected to the motherboard CPU FAN slot?

Again I'm sorry if this sounds dumb!

Morcas

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Unfortunately, I can't buy the Ninja here :( The motherboard will probably be an MSI P35 Neo2-FR, haven't completely decided yet.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Using Speedfan will allow you to change the fans speed BUT it all depend on what your mobo chipset is whether it support the features or not.

To OP : Why not Zalman CNPS 9700LED that comes with fan controller and also offer excellent cooling performance yet appearance?

Morcas

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
I did think about the Zalman, in fact I have an old Zalman on my current system. The reason I thought about the Scythe, is noise. From everything I've read it's a very quite cooler.