Creative zen vision m 30G won't turn on or off. Help please

yannja

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I have a creative Zen vision M 30G about a year old, the blue light is showing that it is on but it won't show anything on the screen, connect to my computer, show it is charging if I plug it in or switch off! I have a lot of things (data, pictures, movies and music) stored on it and all is needed, has someone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
i used to have one of those and never had that problem. your mp3 player is probably dead. and this seems like an odd site to register on to ask this question.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I wish I had a Zen vision M...my friend got his a year ago too and its been smooth sailing for him...I'm not sure what the warranty is on those things but if its under a year old, try contacting Creative...

janeglen

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
I've had this for about 2-3 years, and it's been at creative labs for repairs once already. it's now out of warrenty.
The sound is great, although troubles started again a few months ago when it wouldn't load any more music, though it's at less than 1/2 capacity.
Went to use the microphone and make a recording, an interview of someone, and it wouldn't save the recording, then it wouldn't record at all.
Have been online working with creative's fixes, and now the player won't turn off, won't turn on, is un-usable.
Am probably going to have to figure how to take it apart to pull the battery out. Have hit reset over and over and held reset for 1/2 minute or so, but the blasted light just comes right back on.
Would be great to know of local place to fix this.

it's a great unit when it works---like a lot of technology it ends up taking a lot of time with its little issues. I bought this unit to stay away from apple, and several times I have wondered if the ipod is more reliable.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
well believe me, there are a fair share of messed up ipods....and I wouldnt rate Apple's customer service the highest either....

Maddietg189

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
i bought the zen for the same reason, and for a while mine would get turned off and when i turned it back on it would say "reloading" and take like literally 15 minutes to wait for it to work. that had been going on for like 6 months, maybe more. Then all of a sudden one day i tried to turn it on and it just wouldn't go on. i tried to charge it and it didn't respond. i think the battery might just need to be replaced, but i'd hate to buy a new battery and then find out that the mp3 player is just busted.
anyway, my point is, i agree with that, a few small problems but working awesome when it works.
with youre issue, have you tried taking the battery out and then just putting it back in, cause that worked a lot of times when i had problems. simple but effective, but in the end probably assisted in messing up my mp3 player...