new comp turning off in game

I just got this new rig so I could play Crysis, and while im playing my comp just turns off.
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, I think this is happening to me due to my power supply.

My setup is:

* Mobo: Nvidia Nforce 680i SLI ATX
* Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4Ghz oc'd to 3.2Ghz
* Memory: Crucial Ballistix (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
* Graphics Card: 2 x e-GeForce 8800GT SSC 512MB in SLI
* Sound Card: SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio [8C00]
* Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor [2 x 80GB] 10,000 RPM
* PSU: OCZ ATX12V 2.01, BTX, EPS12V 600W SLI Ready

My ram is geting 2.2v, my Cpu FSB is getting 1.4v and my Cpu core is default @ 1.23v.

Anyone have any idea? I'm thinking it could also have something to do with my ram. I lowered it from 1066Mhz to 800Mhz and lowered the timings from 5, 5, 5, 15 to 4, 4, 4, 12.
If not the RAM then my PSU.

Also, after my comp turns off in Crysis, my BIOS resets to default due to a CMOS checksum error.

this is only happening in Crysis though, my comp stays on while idling or in games that are less graphic intense.
3 answers Last reply
More about comp turning game
  1. The CPU voltage is kind of low. It should be around 1.34v. Have you made changes to the CPU voltage?

http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/403/Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q6600.html
  2. It's probably some instability in your overclock somewhere.Crysis is obviously stressing the system alot.
  3. The Q6600 has no problems running below 1.3V
    (mine works at 1.075V @ 2.4GHz 10hours Prime95 stable).

I'd say the CPU Voltage it is quite low for a 3.2GHz overclock.
    If it's Prime95 stable it should work with Crysis as well.
    Try Prime95 on all for cours for at least 8 hours and you'll see if it's the CPU Voltage.

If the CPU voltage isn't the problem it could be overheating and thermal management kicking in (but you'd probably go deaf first).

EDIT : if you need instructions for Prime95 read section : 5. Required Software
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/240001-11-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems