Break in Emails Listed in Each Newsgroup

Hi:

Why do I have a big break in dates of emails listed or displayed. I go
from July 13th to the next being June 11th. Is there anyway I can display
all posted emails from this date back to say the last 300 emails posted
sequentially? I tried unsubscribing and then resubscribing, but still have
the same problem.

Thanks

What are you using for your News Server? msnews.microsoft.com or your
ISP's?

I am using msnews.microsoft.com and I see plenty of messages listed here on
the 12th.

Maybe it's leap month. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:O6RnK7jiFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
ColTom2 <noemailaddress@none.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi:
>
> Why do I have a big break in dates of emails listed or displayed. I go
> from July 13th to the next being June 11th. Is there anyway I can display
> all posted emails from this date back to say the last 300 emails posted
> sequentially? I tried unsubscribing and then resubscribing, but still have
> the same problem.
>
> Thanks

Using msnews.microsoft.com.

I have plenty of messages, but there is this big void or skip of sequential
dates.

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:18:42 -0400, ColTom2 wrote:

> Using msnews.microsoft.com.
>
> I have plenty of messages, but there is this big void or skip of sequential
> dates.

Not sure if this is what's happening to you but if you have OE set to show
unread messages only and pull only x number of posts with each connect, you
can end up with "holes." After you read the current messages, OE will go
back and start pulling up older messages that you haven't looked at yet.
Because of this, most folks that I know download all headers when first
subscribing to a group or will use the "catch up" option.

If you don't delete messages after reading them and then toggle the view to
View All Messages, it's easy to see that this is what OE is doing.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

ColTom2 wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Why do I have a big break in dates of emails listed or displayed. I
> go from July 13th to the next being June 11th. Is there anyway I can
> display all posted emails from this date back to say the last 300
> emails posted sequentially? I tried unsubscribing and then
> resubscribing, but still have the same problem.
>
> Thanks

This is Usenet, not email. You do not email newsgroups, you post to them.

When are you getting your mac so you can "post" somewhere else?
We all just can't wait.

> ColTom2 wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> Why do I have a big break in dates of emails listed or displayed. I
>> go from July 13th to the next being June 11th. Is there anyway I can
>> display all posted emails from this date back to say the last 300
>> emails posted sequentially? I tried unsubscribing and then
>> resubscribing, but still have the same problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This is Usenet, not email. You do not email newsgroups, you post to them.

Excuse me!

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Why do I have a big break in dates of emails listed or displayed. I
> go from July 13th to the next being June 11th. Is there anyway I can
> display all posted emails from this date back to say the last 300
> emails posted sequentially? I tried unsubscribing and then
> resubscribing, but still have the same problem.
>
> Thanks

Tools | Options | Read
Uncheck Get 300 headers at a time.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Click on the Sent button and it will put it in date order as was posted for you.

Subject From Sent Size
-------
--
Peter