Seagate 1.5TB when?

bsmith1310

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
I read these are coming out this month, but that could mean it'll be a long time before they're available. Anyone know when they should be available, and for what price? I need a secondary storage soon, and was planning on the Samsung F1 1TB since it's only $170 with free shipping at Newegg. I don't know if I should wait.

-Brent

rozar

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Thats a good question, I have noticed that they are SKUed up in distribution which normally means that they are 10 days to 2 weeks away. But also normal first shipments go to pre-orders. I wish I had better info for you but I would guess you can buy one without pre-order or knowing anyone special by the end of the month or first week of next month. Or you might try to buy one of the first shipments before they fly off the shelf somewhere. I did notice that only the 7200.11 is up and no mention of the ES.2 series or SAS drives. ST31500341AS is the only one SKUed for now. The price in distribution is listed at $285. I know people right now waiting for this drive to build REALLY large HDSS units.