Windows XP/7 dual boot problem

Hi! I have a problem with dual booting Windows 7 and XP. I had Windows 7 RTM for 6 months installed on my PC, but today I installed Windows XP and after that it didn't show me the Dual Boot Screen. I modified the boot.ini file and now the Dual Boot Screen shows but when i hit enter on Windows 7 it just shows a black screen. Can you please help me? And if I format the Windows XP partition will my PC boot Windows 7?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows dual boot problem
  1. ihunter23 said:
    Hi! I have a problem with dual booting Windows 7 and XP. I had Windows 7 RTM for 6 months installed on my PC, but today I installed Windows XP and after that it didn't show me the Dual Boot Screen. I modified the boot.ini file and now the Dual Boot Screen shows but when i hit enter on Windows 7 it just shows a black screen. Can you please help me? And if I format the Windows XP partition will my PC boot Windows 7?

[#000ff]

XP really needs to go in first with 7 following. Can you see the W7 Partition using XP and get to edit the file bcdedit?

[/#000ff]
  2. Saga Lout said:
    [#000ff]

XP really needs to go in first with 7 following. Can you see the W7 Partition using XP and get to edit the file bcdedit?

[/#000ff]

Np buddy, i resolved it. I used with EasyBCD, added Windows 7 manually and reinstalled "Vista Bootloader".
  3. There are 3 options:

1)Use easybcd.

OR

2)First install XP then install 7.

OR

3)Install 7 then install XP then insert 7 dvd and click repair and select startup option.
    (Third option may not work everytime.)
  4. prashantvrm said:
    There are 3 options:

1)Use easybcd.

OR

2)First install XP then install 7.

OR

3)Install 7 then install XP then insert 7 dvd and click repair and select startup option.
    (Third option may not work everytime.)

Another way is to post you've solved your problem, wait several days then read the same suggestions from a different poster. :D I suppose this is down to the "more posts, more points" system
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Dual Boot Windows XP