SpeedFan isn't reading GPU temps in Vista.

Dunkel

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
SpeedFan read my GPU temps just fine in XP home. Now with Vista Ultimate 32, no more GPU temp.

What's the solutions?

Dunkel

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
No. I can get temps in RivaTuner but I was used to having them in SpeedFan. I just want my GPU temps back in SpeedFan.

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
bleh, I hate speedfan..... personal opinion though

you could always try everest, I like it for it's sidebar utility

Dashkatt

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

Well SpeedFan is up to version 4.35 now and it still will not report GPU temps in Vista 64. :pfff: I really liked the graphing with SpeedFan using XP to monitor VGA temps during heavy loads.

Any ideas or suggestions?

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
i got XP at the moment with zune theme and google desktop with windows vista background :p looks almost as good as vista :) anywho with my new setup im pretty much gonna have to get vista 64 so... hope the drivers are mature by now :S

Dashkatt

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

I know this is not a Vista thread, but let me say that the earlier shortcomings of Vista, (which are now very few), are far outweighed by the outstanding performance.

I rarely encounter this situation with a program being incompatible with Vista and usually when I do it's a 3rd party situation. Yes, more and more software is being updated to work with Vista 32 and 64.

Remember, it's not that Speed Fan doesn't work... It is only missing a feature, or so it appears.

Oh, and remember all the dire warnings about upgrading from Win98 to XP? It's those same people again. :pt1cable:

kgw

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
well xp sorted it all out in SP2 which is about 2 years from when it was released.i will wit and see until vista sp2(if there will be) then i might switch!

oh wait!windows 7 just round the corner!lets skip vista!!

Dashkatt

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

There are two chances of Windows 7 being released within a year of the projected rollout... Slim and None. :pfff:

GuitarGamerGirl

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
:non: I don't get it. The man asked a question, I'm having the exact same problem, and there's a whole line of responses but not one seriously implementable suggestion amongst them. Thanks, guys, for wasting my valuable time searching for a solution by quite predictably filling my LCD with yet another ubiquitous and tiresome series of gripes about vista and the same old run of the mill "switch to xp" joke, repeated over and over as though it were still funny. Hell, it wasn't even funny the first time someone said it, now some comic genius robotically types the exact same phrase in EVERY single independent forum when someone asks a Vista-related question as though it were original cute.

It's about as original as saying "guzunteit" when someone sneezes, and contains a similar amount of comic potential. Since, therefore, it is therefore a complete waste of time for the typist and fills up valuable netspace, and will in the future induce scorn from the likes of me, I posit that one might want to seriously consider whether or not it is a worthwhile enterprise to type this in the future.

I deeply hope that someone has a macro key with the sentence: "One answer: switch to xp" programmed into their gaming keyborad. Otherwise, the potential for the participants in forums like this to have an original thought is in serious question.