Help with getting files from Macrium Image

So I backed up my hard drive like every good person should and about a week later something happened that fried my motherboard. So I upgraded my motherboard, cpu and memory then tried to put the Macrium image back on. Well it didn't work because the components didn't match from when I made the image. I can live without most of the stuff on my PC but we have a ton of pictures on it that my wife took of our kids. So I go into Macrium and view the image just like it was mounted to try to get to the pictures but since my wife saved them on the desktop I keep running into a permissions issue cause she had a password on her account. We know the password but there seems to be no way to enter it to get to those files on her desktop. Do anyone know of a way we can get to her desktop so we can save all the pictures???

:pt1cable:

Thanks in advance!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about help files macrium image
  1. Anyone???
  2. Normally you would just change the ownership of the file, but since these pictures are part of an image file I don't think there is any way to take ownership of them. You can try taking owbership of the image file, but I don't know if that will help you.
  3. Thanks for the reply!!

Ya I tried that first and it didn't work. :(

I think we might have to just del with losing about 500 pictures :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Motherboards Apps