any MoBo's with PCIe 2.0

are there any mobos out with pcie 2.0? any coming out? I can't seem to find any that specifically say "PCIe 2.0".

I am about ready to build. Should i even worry about it?
5 answers Last reply
More about mobo pcie
  1. X38 chipset. They cost about $300.00 now. Not worth it. We can't saturate PCI-E 1.0 yet.
  2. You can get an x38 board for around $220. 8800GT, New8800GTS, and the HD38** are PCI-E 2.0 cards so unless you don't have one of those, then I wouldn't bother upgrading to PCI-E 2.0 yet.

Also since the 680i chipset doesn't support 45nm CPU's and the 780i is the 680i with a PCI-E 2.0 bridge chip, I wouldn't really put my money on it being all that great. Plus from what I've heard the 780i doesn't have the full ability of PCI-E 2.0 because of the connection speeds between the bridge chip and the NB.

Overall I'd just say wait till the end of February. If you "neeeed" a board right now and want PCI-E 2.0 I'd get an x38.
  3. ok, i have a 3870. i am in better shape than i was. So i am in no hurry. As far as my rebuild early next year, i will be patient and wait until the PCIe 2.0 boards get cheaper.

thanks
  4. There is an entire line of the 790fx chipset that is about as up to date as you can get.
  5. jerseygamer said:
    There is an entire line of the 790fx chipset that is about as up to date as you can get.

yeah, i would rather go with an Intel processor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Build