User 'Log off' freezing

I am running XP Pro with two users. If I log off my wife's profile, the
'Saving settings' screen comes up, but stays there and I have to re-boot.
It does not happen if I am using the computer and I log off. I get the
welcome screen with the two user names displayed.
Can anyone suggest a fix please.
Thanks

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound Guaranteed virus free
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 16/07/2005
Tested on: 17/07/2005 16:36:11
More about user freezing

    Barney wrote:

    > I am running XP Pro with two users. If I log off my wife's profile,
    > the 'Saving settings' screen comes up, but stays there and I have to
    > re-boot.
    > It does not happen if I am using the computer and I log off. I get
    > the welcome screen with the two user names displayed.
    > Can anyone suggest a fix please.
    > Thanks

    The first thing to check is what is running in the background in your
    wife's profile.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell