The best liquid cooled case?

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Hi peeps!

Since my old case is not what it used to be... I'm searching for a new case..

Since I have a very high end pc, I want to buy the best Liquid Cooled Case available... A friend of mine told me about a new ThermalTake Liquid cooled system... but I can't find it...

Is it possible for you guys to give me some advice on what Liquid Cooled (Big-tower) case I should buy? Money isn't a problem because of the huge bonus I get end this year @ work. Unfortunately I'm not capable of creating my own liquid cooled system... so that's why I wanna buy a Case that is ready for use.

These are my specs:
Asus Striker Extreme mainboard
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (PSU)
Intel C2D E6600 (upgrading soon to a Quad-core)
Zalman 9700 CPU Fan
2x 8800GTX (SLI)
4GB PC6400 memory
5x harddisk (all SATA)

It's also very important that I can liquid cool both 8800GTX videocards.

I hope somebody can advice me in this matter.

Greetz, Wishjuh

hassa

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Antec were looking to release a new case - 1200 hundred (12 bays instead of 9 on the 900).
They were looking at having two versions - one for water and one for air.
Not sure if timetable is available, but I sure want to know!!!

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
If you aren't opposed to building your own, you would most likely get better results taking a water-cooling system friendly case, like the Gigabyte Aurora or the new CoolerMaster cases that have tubing grommets built into the case, and build your own water cooling loop from better manufacturers as opposed to buying a kit-build that is essentially no better than high-end air cooling, except for costing nearly 3 times as much. But as you have said you cannot build one for yourself, you would be hard-pressed to find an off the shelf liquid cooled case that can handle an SLI card setup. Typically, these are custom loops that require more powerful pumps to deal with the additional impingement from the VGA waterblocks. You could search around to see if someone would build a custom case for your setup, hopefully someone in your local area, as this really isn't something for a novice to build in the first place.

Look to long-time water cooling manufacturers (like SwiftTech or Danger Den) instead of manufacturers who use compromised products (like ThermalTake) that have been proven time and time again to be on the low side of performance.

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006

Thx for the reply. I'm trying to find someone who can custom build a liquid cooled case for me mnow... which is very hard in my region.

The search continues :)