Problems with partition

xKoP

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Hi everyone. I have a 500 GB HDD, Seagate Barracuda, and I have 4 partions on it. 2x125 GB, 1x175 GB and 1 of the rest of the space. I have used Paragon Disk Manager to shrink one partition down from 125 to 120 GB, and this program reported it would take like 8 h to complete. I hoped it will be much quicker, so I left it run. After like 1 h, it still reported 7 h left, and I decided to stop the process.

Now that partition is screwed, it still exists, and Windows can't access it, because it says corrupted, unreadable, something like that. I tried to rebuilt the partition table for that partition using Partition Table Doctor, which was able to recover it. But (!!!), that's not all. Now the partition is visible under Windows, but it appears to be EMPTY!!!

I have scanned the "recovered" partition with File Scavenger, which is able to recover my files, but it messes up the filenames, and the folder structure that existed, is now gone. So I won't use it. What could I do, I know my files are in there, how could I get them back?? Please help!!

G

thats why you DON'T stop things in the middle when its messing with the disk or operating system

sorry to be little help... (no help) but i have no idea on how to recover your files

xKoP

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
firstly, you can have a try of easeus partition manager for it is very fast during my usage.secondly, you can use some data recovery software to find out the files you want and you can even see the content of the file in the preview,such as data recovery wizard, easyrecovery and so on.

I have tried EaseUS Partition Manager, but it is unable to build the boot sector of that screwed partition, so the partition still is "unreadable". I am going to use Data Recovery Wizard, maybe it will be able to recover those files, and hopefully, to recover them with their original folder structure. Thank you anyway