Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
What a joke the 8800GT is.

Nvidia release a kick a$$ chip then no stock. No matter where you search there's not one to be had anywhere, even direct from the Manufacturers own web sites, and several stockists are now quoting January as the earliest stock date.

Kind of makes you wonder if Nvidia is deliberately chocking stock having realised that they've probably going to struggle to sell their GTS / GTX versions given the performance boost on the GT and its low price. Not saying they are, just makes you wonder.

Whole situation just makes me very angry and if ATI had an alternative then Nvidia wouldn't see me for dust! :fou:

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Well, not everybody have the luxury of finding/ buying/ getting anything early/ quick/ fast enough before something like happens. Just very unlucky of him...

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
The OP does have a point, however.

I wonder whether nVidia underestimated the demand, or whether they knew there would be supply issues but wanted to make sure to spoil ATI's party?

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I've got one mate and I ordered mine from a retailer in germany.

You could also try www.dollarshops.eu - they are a Dutch site but everything is English. They only stock Sparkle or Jetway but at least you'll have the card quick :)

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Mmm...you're not looking very hard. Just checked both the overclockersUK site and scan.co.uk and both have a few in stock.

Grab em while you can!

m1ddy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
most of the ones on overclockers.co.uk should be in stock for the 29th of this month. I have pre ordered the Asus 700MHz jobby.

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Don't forget that the preorders are probably back dated so as soon as they get a new batch in (ie the 29th) the original pre orderers will get priority so it may not make much difference. I've been on the look out for a new graphics card for a few months now but am just gonna wait it out until the stock supplies sort themselves out. Even if it takes until the new year. I'm also interested to see if/when nVidia bring out any new offerings, how that changes things.

dd26185

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
I got mine - Sign up for newegg and let them auto notify you. Run on and buy ---

Oh ye it helps if you have a blackberry or an email device!

partialsum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

Absolutely-- the shortage of GT's is pure marketing strategy. They're selling like hotcakes for inflated prices. But they won't have to struggle when they stick the new chip in those upper-class versions. Be pandemonium all over again (to Nvidia's delight).

I wanted the GT but then decided to wait for the new GTS instead. I'll wait until after the holidays if I have to- no burden on me (my eVGA step-up window ends in January). I'm actually kinda hoping most of the enthusiasts will be all cashed out from buying the GT that the GTS will be easier to get a hold of. But we all know that's wishful thinking.

snyderm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Do you know what is harder than finding an 8800gt? Finding an ati 3870. Looks like everyone is price gouging.

I am not sure that should really upset anyone. $300 is a good price for an overclocked 8800gt. $270 is a good price for a 3870. They are still worth every penny. Not sure why the prices would ever go down.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

No its not that the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard. Not only are people now not hardly buying 8800GTS or 8800GTX and killing those sales but they don't have any 8800GT sales either.

So that = very bad, not very good however you managed to work that out.

Wish I couold make more money by selling less.

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006

It says out of stock.

I know OC UK have a handful but they're only the very slow versions 600 and 625mhz. The OC versions are all out of stock.

cyph0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I just got 2 from dell. their website doesnt have them but if you call them they will look it up and see it in their inventory for their own systems and will sell you some... I also have internal contacts and some of them they have over 40 in stock and im talking EVGA, XFX, and MSI cards. if your having issues with the people at customer service i can get you guys the dell part numbers. so that all you will have to do is say is ... yes i would like to order X of dell part number XXXXXXXXX. PM ME

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Ok Overclockers finally got some BFG OC2 675mhz 8800GT's in this morning so I bought one.

Thx guys. Still a few left if anyone else in the UK is stuck

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I'm waiting for the 3870-X2 in February. (CF on 1 card).
If rumors are anything close to right, the X2 will have twice the speed as the 3870 and cost about ~$400. Just a rough guess. Always waiting just 2 more months!
Anyway, I hope by then shortages will be over and things will be back to normal.