rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of trouble.. I do
like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never buy another
intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results with optical
mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp compatible, I will be
going shopping for a new one on the first... any input appreciated.. thanks
Rainy

IntelliMouse works ok if you have the latest drivers (5.2); do you use it on
PS2 or on USB? I tried other brands and don't work great. You might want to
try a Logitech mouse - don't know how better they work, though.
Michael

In news:agvCe.182434$xm3.39995@attbi_s21,
Rainy <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> typed:

> I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of
> trouble..
> I do like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will
> never buy
> another intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good
> results
> with optical mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be
> xp
> compatible, I will be going shopping for a new one on the
> first...
> any input appreciated.. thanks Rainy

I've used an Intellimouse here for years. No problems and I like
it very much. What trouble have you had?

Please reply to the newsgroup

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support article that
might help me...after looking for the one I had mentioned before, I found
the right one.. lol I still have the mouse maybe on a good day I can mess
with it again.. Rainy

ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the instructions
below... step by step instructions would be really appreciated..

SYMPTOMS
When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you may
experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer may move
erratically.

The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
Button clicks may have no effect.
The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.

Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control Panel.

If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft EasyBall,
or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device may not be
detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New Hardware Wizard does not
resolve the issue

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a pointing
device are still on the computer.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry keys,
remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then reinstall the
IntelliMouse pointing device.

> In news:agvCe.182434$xm3.39995@attbi_s21,
> Rainy <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> typed:
>
>> I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of trouble..
>> I do like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never buy
>> another intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results
>> with optical mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp
>> compatible, I will be going shopping for a new one on the first...
>> any input appreciated.. thanks Rainy
>

> I've used an Intellimouse here for years. No problems and I like it very
> much. What trouble have you had?

> Please reply to the newsgroup

There is nothing in those instructions that I can see calling for Registry
editing.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support
> article that might help me...after looking for the one I had
> mentioned before, I found the right one.. lol I still have the
> mouse maybe on a good day I can mess with it again.. Rainy
>
> ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the instructions
> below... step by step instructions would be really appreciated..
>
> SYMPTOMS
> When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you
> may experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer may
> move erratically.
>
> The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
> Button clicks may have no effect.
> The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
>
> Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control
> Panel.
> If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft
> EasyBall, or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device
> may not be detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New
> Hardware Wizard does not resolve the issue
>
> CAUSE
> This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a
> pointing device are still on the computer.
>
> RESOLUTION
> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry keys,
> remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then reinstall
> the IntelliMouse pointing device.

I use a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse and have no problems with it I'm
still using v4 of Intellimouse.
Joan

Rainy wrote:
>I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of trouble.. I
> do like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never buy
> another intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results
> with optical mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp
> compatible, I will be going shopping for a new one on the first...
> any input appreciated.. thanks Rainy

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

Hi. thanks for the response, you don't see this?. It says remove associated
registry keys... ? Rainy

> Hi. thanks for the response, you don't see this?. It says remove
> associated registry keys... ? Rainy

Oops!
I do now.
mumble, mumble.
Some gremlin stuck it in there while I wasn't looking.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> RESOLUTION
>> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
>> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry
>> keys, remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then
>> reinstall
>> the IntelliMouse pointing device.
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> There is nothing in those instructions that I can see calling for
>> Registry editing.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
>>
>> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>>> The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support
>>> article that might help me...after looking for the one I had
>>> mentioned before, I found the right one.. lol I still have the
>>> mouse maybe on a good day I can mess with it again.. Rainy
>>>
>>> ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the
>>> instructions below... step by step instructions would be really
>>> appreciated..
>>>
>>> SYMPTOMS
>>> When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you
>>> may experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer
>>> may move erratically.
>>>
>>> The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
>>> Button clicks may have no effect.
>>> The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
>>>
>>> Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control
>>> Panel.
>>> If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft
>>> EasyBall, or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device
>>> may not be detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New
>>> Hardware Wizard does not resolve the issue
>>>
>>> CAUSE
>>> This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a
>>> pointing device are still on the computer.
>>>
>>> RESOLUTION
>>> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
>>> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry
>>> keys, remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then
>>> reinstall the IntelliMouse pointing device.

Run "regedit" (no quotation marks, then in Regedit go Edit/Find and search
for "mouse" or "intelli mouse" or whatever mouse you used before; also, you
can search for the name of the mouse vendor - say "Logitech" but proceed
carefully and delete only the Logitech mouse related entries. Don't search
for "Microsoft" because it has too many entries; there are around 100,000
registry keys (MS and others) altogether :)
Once you've found a key that you want to delete - usually in hklu and hklm
hives, export it to desktop (just in case that you have to restore them)
then delete the key.

Michael

"Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
> The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support article
> that might help me...after looking for the one I had mentioned before, I
> found the right one.. lol I still have the mouse maybe on a good day I
> can mess with it again.. Rainy
>
> ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the instructions
> below... step by step instructions would be really appreciated..
>
> SYMPTOMS
> When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you may
> experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer may move
> erratically.
>
> The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
> Button clicks may have no effect.
> The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
>
> Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control
> Panel.
>
> If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft EasyBall,
> or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device may not be
> detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New Hardware Wizard does
> not resolve the issue
>
> CAUSE
> This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a
> pointing device are still on the computer.
>
> RESOLUTION
> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry keys,
> remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then reinstall the
> IntelliMouse pointing device.

>> In news:agvCe.182434$xm3.39995@attbi_s21,
>> Rainy <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> typed:
>>
>>> I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of trouble..
>>> I do like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never buy
>>> another intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results
>>> with optical mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp
>>> compatible, I will be going shopping for a new one on the first...
>>> any input appreciated.. thanks Rainy
>>

>> I've used an Intellimouse here for years. No problems and I like it very
>> much. What trouble have you had?
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

there are gremlins in this group! :)

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>> Hi. thanks for the response, you don't see this?. It says remove
>> associated registry keys... ? Rainy
>
> Oops!
> I do now.
> mumble, mumble.
> Some gremlin stuck it in there while I wasn't looking.
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>

>> RESOLUTION
>>> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
>>> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry
>>> keys, remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then
>>> reinstall the IntelliMouse pointing device.
>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> There is nothing in those instructions that I can see calling for
>>> Registry editing.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>>> Protect your PC
>>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

thanks for the info... first I exported my registry to the desktop.. then
part of the instructions were to uninstall the mouse from device manager
which I did.. upon booting my comuter.. I get the message that it has been
installed again..? and I am not using the intellimouse... how do I uninstall
it permanently? so I can reinstall the mouse this time with no problems I
hope.. Rainy

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
> Run "regedit" (no quotation marks, then in Regedit go Edit/Find and search
> for "mouse" or "intelli mouse" or whatever mouse you used before; also,
> you can search for the name of the mouse vendor - say "Logitech" but
> proceed carefully and delete only the Logitech mouse related entries.
> Don't search for "Microsoft" because it has too many entries; there are
> around 100,000 registry keys (MS and others) altogether :)
> Once you've found a key that you want to delete - usually in hklu and hklm
> hives, export it to desktop (just in case that you have to restore them)
> then delete the key.
>
> Michael
>
> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>> The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support article
>> that might help me...after looking for the one I had mentioned before, I
>> found the right one.. lol I still have the mouse maybe on a good day I
>> can mess with it again.. Rainy
>>
>> ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the instructions
>> below... step by step instructions would be really appreciated..
>>
>> SYMPTOMS
>> When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you may
>> experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer may move
>> erratically.
>>
>> The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
>> Button clicks may have no effect.
>> The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
>>
>> Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control
>> Panel.
>>
>> If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft
>> EasyBall, or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device may
>> not be detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New Hardware Wizard
>> does not resolve the issue
>>
>> CAUSE
>> This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a
>> pointing device are still on the computer.
>>
>> RESOLUTION
>> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
>> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry keys,
>> remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then reinstall the
>> IntelliMouse pointing device.
>>
>> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
>>> In news:agvCe.182434$xm3.39995@attbi_s21,
>>> Rainy <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> typed:

>>> I've used an Intellimouse here for years. No problems and I like it very
>>> much. What trouble have you had?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

I found it in add and remove... thought I looked there before.. sorry!
Rainy
> thanks for the info... first I exported my registry to the desktop.. then
> part of the instructions were to uninstall the mouse from device manager
> which I did.. upon booting my comuter.. I get the message that it has been
> installed again..? and I am not using the intellimouse... how do I
> uninstall it permanently? so I can reinstall the mouse this time with no
> problems I hope.. Rainy
>
> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
>> Run "regedit" (no quotation marks, then in Regedit go Edit/Find and
>> search for "mouse" or "intelli mouse" or whatever mouse you used before;
>> also, you can search for the name of the mouse vendor - say "Logitech"
>> but proceed carefully and delete only the Logitech mouse related entries.
>> Don't search for "Microsoft" because it has too many entries; there are
>> around 100,000 registry keys (MS and others) altogether :)
>> Once you've found a key that you want to delete - usually in hklu and
>> hklm hives, export it to desktop (just in case that you have to restore
>> them) then delete the key.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>>> The mouse was freezing... I finally found the help and support article
>>> that might help me...after looking for the one I had mentioned before, I
>>> found the right one.. lol I still have the mouse maybe on a good day
>>> I can mess with it again.. Rainy
>>>
>>> ps. where would the registry keys be so I can follow the instructions
>>> below... step by step instructions would be really appreciated..
>>>
>>> SYMPTOMS
>>> When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you may
>>> experience one or more of the following symptoms: The pointer may move
>>> erratically.
>>>
>>> The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
>>> Button clicks may have no effect.
>>> The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
>>>
>>> Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control
>>> Panel.
>>>
>>> If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft
>>> EasyBall, or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device may
>>> not be detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New Hardware
>>> Wizard does not resolve the issue
>>>
>>> CAUSE
>>> This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a
>>> pointing device are still on the computer.
>>>
>>> RESOLUTION
>>> To resolve this issue, create a System Restore point or backup your
>>> registry, remove the device software, remove associated registry keys,
>>> remove the device items from the Device Manager, and then reinstall the
>>> IntelliMouse pointing device.
>>>
>>> "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message

I've used the Intellimouse Optical for years - and not had one shred of
trouble.

"Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of trouble.. I do
>like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never buy another
>intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results with optical
>mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp compatible, I will be
>going shopping for a new one on the first... any input appreciated.. thanks
>Rainy

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I have used Intellimouse for months, and have had a lot of
> trouble.. I do
> like the optical mouses..sp? mice maybe.. :) but will never
> buy another
> intellimouse.. Does anyone in this group have good results
> with optical
> mice.. and if so which brand.. of course must be xp
> compatible, I will be
> going shopping for a new one on the first... any input
> appreciated.. thanks
> Rainy

Logitech make good mice, I have the MX510.

Logitech: http://www.logitech.com/

My Mouse:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=7982

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Mouse-ftopict397036.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1309467

I use Trackman wheel optical mouse and it works great but it has to be
cleaned when it starts to skip around, which isn't hard to do.

Jim McNulty