fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm the new member that needs help, or answers
I have this pc with WINDOWS XP
Intel D845GBV DDR DDR-266 PC-2100 board,
western digital harddrive wd400jb-00enao (40gb) and wanted to add to it 80gb-120gb what exactly must be done (budget rebuild here) ,
I just installed -512 ram- which i had started with -256- for a total of -768-ram

I want to run a Second Hardrive in short (ghosting) slave etc.what must i do to work this out,
I Repair Video Game Systems so i know half of what must be done but the set up differs

have my eye on:Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive 7200RPM 2MB Buffer IDE (budget build)

the place that built my pc in 03 wants me to install 120gb

fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Well i solved my 80gb issue i just bought one WD800 80GB 7200RPM

i also run 250gb hd in my xbox's 1st gen .. any help/info for installing the second drive would much Thanks in Advance..

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Go to the harddrive manufactures website. They have instructions on harddrive installation or google for the information. Do a little work yourself!!

fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
hello dallasjoh,gee thanks, umm i did more than a lil work myself, conflicting info and support from their website. other sites, but hey isnt this what forums are for!!!

Your new hard drive, it you bought it retail will have complete instructions. Adding a hard drive is kind of basic simple anyone can do it in 5 minutes type of stuff stuff. If you need to ask how, you probably should enlist the help of a friend with a little more experience before you take the side off of your case and start poking around.

fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hello Ty for the reply jitpublisher, it's a used (refurb) harddrive 2yr warranty, if it was as simple as hacking or modding a xbox/x360/ ps2/ ps3 harddrive and motherboard and partitioning it would be no problem, i know my pc in and out,adding a second hd as master/slave.(swapping drive info) just wanted to clear up the conflicting info you get from one place to another.master/ slave/mirror/raid0/raid5 it isnt my main issue.if you read here (forum) it gives you as many insight to what others have done & done wrong, not all cases would fit what your doing exactly but you would have to interpet it ..im also using 2 external harddrive for mass amount of photos and such which we use when going to shows... Thanks To (jedi********) (sara****) i thank you both for the additional info for the same system im running..if ya ever need help with video game systems just shootme an email, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

G

Are you trying to run this 2nd hard drive in a RAID 1 array?

You not making much sense at all, just exactly what are trying to do?
Give us some specifics and we'll give you the answers. But you are not going to get a broad "what to do and what not to do when installing your new drive" kind of answer if that is what you are looking for.
You can research that yourself.

fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
hello jitplublisher , as i said i did the research in what i doing, and just asking questions, and got the answers, for my system details

fear30x

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hello Thank You for ur reply deuce271,i got some info this am for swapping the (soon 2 be failing drive)info stored on it to the other drive..also about to installed Via Vt6421a Ide & 3 SaTa RaiD Pci Controller Card in same pc