Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Buffalo External DVDRom Drive Dos drivers

Last response: in Apps General Discussion
Share
December 16, 2012 3:51:31 AM

Hello,

can any one help me to get dos drivers for Buffalo external DVD Drive (Model DVSM-PC58UV2B)
December 16, 2012 4:02:01 PM

moac said:
Hello,

can any one help me to get dos drivers for Buffalo external DVD Drive (Model DVSM-PC58UV2B)


:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention.

Why do you want it?

If it's for further DOS use or just so you get to your files.

When it's for getting to your files, just use a Live OS DVD. There are a lot availlable for download and you will allways have a pc for use.

I just found out why you ask for one thing, it's really hard to come by.

I will look for it once in a while and if I find one, you will be the first to know.

Hopefully I let you known enough & that you will find the answers you seek!

Good luck and have fun doing it :D 

Best Regards,

Meneerwitte

HAPPY HOLLYDAYS & BEST WISHES 2013! :D 
m
0
l
December 19, 2012 3:00:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The reason for Dos drivers I am looking is I have a old laptop Acer Travel Mate240 series. its internal cdrom drive is not working. So I would like to install XP by detecting external cdrom through 98 bootable floopy. Previous OS(Windows 2000 Prof...) is corrupted.

Thank You,
Mohana

MeneerWitte said:
:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention.

Why do you want it?

If it's for further DOS use or just so you get to your files.

When it's for getting to your files, just use a Live OS DVD. There are a lot availlable for download and you will allways have a pc for use.

I just found out why you ask for one thing, it's really hard to come by.

I will look for it once in a while and if I find one, you will be the first to know.

Hopefully I let you known enough & that you will find the answers you seek!

Good luck and have fun doing it :D 

Best Regards,

Meneerwitte

HAPPY HOLLYDAYS & BEST WISHES 2013! :D 

m
0
l
Related resources
December 30, 2012 11:25:29 AM

Hi,
Finally I was able to UP the My old Acer laptop (running fine with XP-SP3) with DOS bootable floppy disk which can detect HP USB flash drive (8GB). So I may not require DOS Drivers for Buffalo any more.

Thank You
Mohan


moac said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The reason for Dos drivers I am looking is I have a old laptop Acer Travel Mate240 series. its internal cdrom drive is not working. So I would like to install XP by detecting external cdrom through 98 bootable floopy. Previous OS(Windows 2000 Prof...) is corrupted.

Thank You,
Mohana
m
0
l
December 30, 2012 7:39:50 PM

:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention.

Could you leave the programs name and the downloadlink here for others how like to have it?

Hopefully I let you known enough and enjoy! :D 

Thanks in advance! :D 
m
0
l
January 3, 2013 10:21:27 PM

Hi,

Link to download Dos/Win98 Bootable Disk Which I used for my Laptop

http://hddguru.com/download/software/Magic-Boot-Disk/Ma...

config.sys

[menu]
menuitem=SCSI, Start computer with ADAPTEC SCSI adapter support
menuitem=NOSCSI, Start computer without SCSI support
menuitem=USB, Start computer USB Mass Storage support
menudefault=NOSCSI,5
menucolor=7,0

[SCSI]
device=himem.sys /testmem:o ff
device=aspi2dos.sys
device=aspi8dos.sys
device=aspi4dos.sys
device=aspi8u2.sys

[NOSCSI]
device=himem.sys /testmem:o ff

[USB]
device=himem.sys /testmem:o ff
device=USBASPI.SYS /w /v
device=di1000dd.sys

[COMMON]
files=20
buffers=20
dos=high,umb
stacks=9,256
devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048
device=oakcdrom.sys /E:mscd001
lastdrive=z

di1000dd.sys available at: http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB...

Thanks
Mohan

MeneerWitte said:
:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention.

Could you leave the programs name and the downloadlink here for others how like to have it?

Hopefully I let you known enough and enjoy! :D 

Thanks in advance! :D 

m
0
l
January 4, 2013 5:29:52 AM

:hello: 

:pt1cable:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

m
0
l
!