guynaa

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
i have a e6750 with an asus p5k motherboard, and i run Everest (i didn't overclocked nothing) and it shows CPU Clock switching between 2003 and 2667 and it supposed to be 2.66 also the multiplier shows 6.0x and it supposed to be 8x!
is that normal?
what do i need to do?

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

This is Intel Speedstep. It will underclock/undervolt the processor when it's not under a load. There is nothing wrong with your processor.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
:lol:. o O (The ability to find stuff that your not looking for.)

Edit:

Actually the search function works properly.

:oops:. o O (when you use the correct parameters, of course)

guynaa

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
excuse me for being dumb, so without the sarcasm and the reverse trivia (what the name of that program)
nothing is wrong with my CPU right?

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Nothing is wrong with your processor.

Intel Speedstep and C1E are both power saving options set up in the BIOS. It won't effect your computer at all. It's not a program. They are both designed to save power when the CPU is not in use.

If you want to see it work watch the clock speed and just run something. It will go back to normal under a load.

Forgive us for being a bit harsh, but I think we see this question atleast once a day from someone.

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I hope I wasn't being to harsh
Grimmy! Please write properly: I hope I wasn't being too harsh :love:
Otherwise you will require a map, to get to harsh... y'know?
Heheh... but no, the post was great :)
I don't know what it is that makes people think they can build a computer, when they don't know the simplest things. Nothing wrong in not knowing, but... building computers?
I am always surprised by people who are unaware of SpeedStep,
Regards