john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Hey all,
Was looking through my MSCONFIG and was just wondering is this a real process?
Startup Item - Nwiz.exe
Command - nwiz.exe /install quiet.

and windows defender software explorer detects it as an uknown process
File Name: nwiz.exe /installquiet
Startup Value: nwiz.exe /installquiet
File Path: nwiz.exe /installquiet
Startup Type: Registry: Local Machine
Classification: Not yet classified

It also only runs on startup, is nowhere to be found in task manager after boot.
I have been told this is normally a part of the NVIDIA Graphics driver, but why is there the command /install quiet and no location?

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated :)

Also. As i have a Intel CPU, an AMD CPU Driver package found in add/remove programs should be removed ya? (deleted it outright when i found out but thought i would ask)

Thanks
John

Solution
I see this program all of the time. It is indeed a utility that comes with your nVidia Graphics Adapters for many years now. It is the nVidia Control Panel app for adjusting video settings and it is not really necessary (so you can disable it if you want to). Perfectly safe (unless you don't have an nVidia Graphics Adapter <grin>)

Cheers!

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I see this program all of the time. It is indeed a utility that comes with your nVidia Graphics Adapters for many years now. It is the nVidia Control Panel app for adjusting video settings and it is not really necessary (so you can disable it if you want to). Perfectly safe (unless you don't have an nVidia Graphics Adapter <grin>)

Cheers!

Solution