Help me out Gurus (cant get $$$ sky scrapers)

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

hi there,
i made a city (simcity 4 rush hour) which has following things:
->population > 900,000
->commercial offices pop(Co$$$ + Co$$) > 250,000
->high tech industry pop almost 59,000
->commute time <=60
->education >170
->A transit system, networked all the way from one corner to another.it is
made from subways,elevated trains, monorails,railways and buses
->large elementary school in each block (every block sizing 27x27 tiles,
having a mix of blue and green zones)
->large high school for every 4 blocks....a total of 6 high schools
->museum and library per block
->one college placed in the corner of the city
->same goes with the university
->every other possible reward buildings
->only made nuclear power plants and large water pumps
->getting a profit of >$10,000 monthly
->expenses of about $11,000 per month on city beautification
->placed landmarks such as empire state, CN tower, chryslter building etc
also
->66% of the city has pollution is in the lightest yellow
->70% of the city has lightest green land value and desirability
->one medium international airport
->surrounded by three sides by medium cities of pop > 70,000 each (some
fully industrial)
->Regional pop > 2,000,000

Now here are the problems:
->can't get a single R$$$ and Co$$$ buildings greater than 3000
jobs/occupancy.The only way i get sky rises is by destroying many small
R$$$ and Co$$$ buildings, but that leads to ultimate destruction (there
must be another way).
->the highest demand i get of R$$$ and Co$$$ from RCI is 3000
->can't get Co$$ sky scrapers frequently.
->can't get the "Grand Rail Station" even if one of my railway stations is
entertaining 5000/2000 passengers.

Ive been trying the scrapers for last 2 months :(....plz help me out guys

Thanx in advance
Faizan Iftikhar

AJ

"SimCitic" <faizyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi there,
> i made a city (simcity 4 rush hour) which has following things:
> ->population > 900,000
> ->commercial offices pop(Co$$$ + Co$$) > 250,000
> ->high tech industry pop almost 59,000
> ->commute time <=60
> ->education >170
> ->A transit system, networked all the way from one corner to another.it is
> made from subways,elevated trains, monorails,railways and buses
> ->large elementary school in each block (every block sizing 27x27 tiles,
> having a mix of blue and green zones)
> ->large high school for every 4 blocks....a total of 6 high schools
> ->museum and library per block
> ->one college placed in the corner of the city
> ->same goes with the university
> ->every other possible reward buildings
> ->only made nuclear power plants and large water pumps
> ->getting a profit of >$10,000 monthly
> ->expenses of about $11,000 per month on city beautification
> ->placed landmarks such as empire state, CN tower, chryslter building etc
> also
> ->66% of the city has pollution is in the lightest yellow
> ->70% of the city has lightest green land value and desirability
> ->one medium international airport
> ->surrounded by three sides by medium cities of pop > 70,000 each (some
> fully industrial)
> ->Regional pop > 2,000,000
>
> Now here are the problems:
> ->can't get a single R$$$ and Co$$$ buildings greater than 3000
> jobs/occupancy.The only way i get sky rises is by destroying many small
> R$$$ and Co$$$ buildings, but that leads to ultimate destruction (there
> must be another way).
> ->the highest demand i get of R$$$ and Co$$$ from RCI is 3000
> ->can't get Co$$ sky scrapers frequently.
> ->can't get the "Grand Rail Station" even if one of my railway stations is
> entertaining 5000/2000 passengers.
>
> Ive been trying the scrapers for last 2 months :(....plz help me out guys

Gonna say this in advance so you don't get the idea that I'm some super
genius who knows your problem. This reply will solve nothing.
You're prolly the most experienced sim city player on this message board. I
read it more than occasionally and haven't seen anyone with such a detailed
city. I realize this may be hard to do, but is there any way to lower the
pollution of your city? You know that trees can be planted in
parks/plaza/any open space I am sure. How big are your lots? they might need
to be largest possible. 6x6 for one building might be a good place to start.
They can only be made some times, and I'm not sure what the variable is to
make them. But I know that I've accidently made them some times and they
never grow (granted, I've never had any skyscrapers). Would love to see a
picture of your city. good luck