alps glide pad and scrolling problems

mh

In the past few weeks I have been having problems with web pages scrolling
when I type a message or fill in a line on a web page. Actually it is more
of a page jumping up and down while I am typing. Also at times the mouse
cursor simply moves off to a corner or a section of the page on its own.
Finally one other problem involves the mouse "freezing" for 5-10 seconds
when I hit enter on a page or when I click to go from one page to another.
Those problems occur also while in other programs (Word or Excel). I have
tried restoring to earlier dates and also Dell Support had me download
latest drivers for the glidepad. In fact after typing this message I tried
to move the mouse cursor to the "Send" button and had to wait the 5 second
or so period for the mouse cursor to "unfreeze." Any help would be greatly
appreciated. It is turning an enjoyable laptop (Dell Latitude D800) into a
trying experience.

I had a similar issue with a Dell notebook awhile back. It turned out
that the video adapter was defective and Dell replaced it free of charge.
You need to contact Dell support and insist they fix the problem, even
if its no longer in warranty.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP