Sign in with
Your question

PC as a Server?

Last response: in Windows XP
April 18, 2010 5:23:05 PM

Greetings Internet,

I own two computers: a stationary with a lot of power, and a notebook with barely any power. Basically, I want to have my stationary do all of the thinking at home and just send my notebook audio and video of what's going on while allowing me to control it, at a low latency. I'd love to know how I could go about setting this up.

Thanks in advance,
-Rejexted

More about : server

April 18, 2010 5:30:09 PM

The frame rates on that are horrible, I'd like to know if there's something with a very low latency.

This may be wishful thinking, but I'd just like to know.
m
l
Related resources
April 18, 2010 5:50:12 PM

Rejexted said:
The frame rates on that are horrible, I'd like to know if there's something with a very low latency.

This may be wishful thinking, but I'd just like to know.

I'm not sure how global this brand is but in England, £11 a month - about sixteen dollars - buys you the service of Go To My PC and it seems to be quite speedy. Go Google - see if it's available where you are.

m
l
April 18, 2010 6:23:47 PM

I'll give it a shot, I'll let y'all know how it goes!
m
l
April 18, 2010 8:03:06 PM

http://www.radmin.com/ has`a program that is inexpensive but has a free 30 day trial period. I've seen this recommended in forums before, but haven't tried it myself. Claims were that it is fast.

Might be worth a look.

Cheers!
m
l
April 18, 2010 10:22:29 PM

Thanks for all the help!
m
l
April 19, 2010 2:22:59 AM

Your welcome. Hope it works well for you. If you get a chance after using it (or find something else that is better), post an evaluation of the software back here for other people if you get a chance.

Happy Computing!
m
l
!