Ok specs:

Intel Q6600 G0 + Thermaltake Big Typhoon
ASUS P5B Deluxe/Wifi-Ap (latest bios)
4x1gb Corsair C5's
XFX 8800GT
AcBell 800w

Ok so i upgraded from an E6600 which ran for a year no issues @ 3200/1600, i know the board can handle FSB1600 and everything, recently upgraded to a Q6600 and started to overclock it - 3400's were fine, then a few days later is crashes and carrys on so i prime it and it fails, so i lower it and it works again, few days later same thing so i take it down to 3ghz even, days later still crashes in prime!

It seems to be a cold start issue, so i replaced the PSU with an AcBell 800w, and even switched the cpu, no luck - this is starting to bug me, it will pass at 3400 if its warm but on a cold start its chaos, even at stock settings i think it causes issues - WHATS DOING THIS!!!#!##!#$%$%^^

Me? Im thinking motherboard - its an early P5B (original maybe), or perhaps its times up and the capacitors are showing its age, i dunno but its a pain in the a$$, i dont want to buy a new P35 motherboard if its going to do this (i was thinking gigabyte P35 ds3)...

even tried el-cheapo memory and that was even worse!

HELP!!!!

Ok, from a cold start, if i run prime95 (multi core mod) it will fail at 4 - 12 minutes, if i leave it on and let it "warm up" it will pass for hours easy, as for ram, iv tried 2.2v with the worst/highest possible timings available (C6) and still no luck - still crashes till its warm.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3P <-- My new motherboard, and thanks for the help mate, now workin sweet.

As for this forum, WTF happened to all the originals and smarts? like crash and wusy, it seems whenever i ask a hard question no one can answer me (no offence to you Evilonigiri, atleasy you helped me mate) - seems the only people left here are fanboys and wannabe's.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007

I'm glad it worked out for you.

The OC section was rather dead when I first joined. You could say it's so dead that no moderators post in here. I'd figure all the smart ones left this section and posts else where. There's still some experts left that posts here occasionally, but that's not enough to answer all the threads.

And no offense taken mate, I consider myself far below those experts.