brainiackw

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hello,
I windows XP pro 64bit with 6 gigs of DDR2 Memory when I run a memory intensive app it only uses 1.9 gigs during the whole process
can I set windows to use the whole 6 gigs

brainiackw

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hello,
I windows XP pro 64bit with 6 gigs of DDR2 Memory when I run a memory intensive app it only uses 1.9 gigs during the whole process

brainiackw

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hello,

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
My thought is the answer is no. Not knowing what your 'memory intensive app' is I will assume it is likely a 32-bit app. Microsoft states that "a single standard process on a 32-bit Windows operating system is limited to a total of 2,093,056 kilobytes (2GB minus one 4KB page), so my guess is that your app has been programmed with that limitation in mind and therefore doesn't 'except' that there is more RAM in your system.

This is just my impression though. If we have a programmer in the forum, they may be able to verify or refute my idea.

Cheers!

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
My thought is the answer is no. Not knowing what your 'memory intensive app' is I will assume it is likely a 32-bit app. Microsoft states that "a single standard process on a 32-bit Windows operating system is limited to a total of 2,093,056 kilobytes (2GB minus one 4KB page), so my guess is that your app has been programmed with that limitation in mind and therefore doesn't 'except' that there is more RAM in your system.

This is just my impression though. If we have a programmer in the forum, they may be able to verify or refute my idea.

Cheers!

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

Cheers!