ernestpenfold

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Hay

Having a real strange issue with my GA-P35-DS4. Every now and again the onboard realtek nic just dissapears! Its just not there in device manager. Can't seem to force a driver install. Only seems to happen after a reboot.

This has really got me stumped, my only ideas are that maybe its a M$ update thats knocking it out or there is a pyhsical problem with the board.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

GA-P35-DS4
Q6600
2gig Corsair pc8500
530w Tagen psu
80gig WD HDD
7800GTX

All running on VISTA

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Theres not a lot you can do with the BIOS as far as the integrated network adapter goes. Typically you can only enable or disable the interface. I have the same board running under Vista with no problems with all the updates installed but I dont know what driver Im using off the top of my head though. Assuming the hardware itself is not at fault, the only other obvious options are the OS or drivers. Has this problem been happening since you installed Vista? Has it ever worked properly? As last resort you can reinstall Vista and make sure you have the newest drivers, if its still dropping out like that I would call Gigabyte support and RMA the board.

ernestpenfold

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
I moved to vista when i upgraded about a week ago. Was working fine for about 5days then yesterday this started happening. After multiple reboots it eventually started to work for no apparent reason. It then worked all night until i rebooted due to a software install. Eventually gave up at about midnight and when to sleep. Will check when i get home later...

I was using the drivers that came on the motherboard cd, will have to try dling the latest ones.

Thx

Carl

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Definitely try the updated drivers if you havent already done that.. When you moved to Vista did you just upgrade from XP or did you do a clean install? If you just did a clean install a few days ago and those new drivers are not working then I would call their support and see what they say. As someone who worked tech support for a large OEM, we would not give out an RMA unless we had already walked the customer through reinstalling the OS. Now Ive never called Gigabyte support but Im sure they are used to working with people that are not total morons when it comes to this sort of thing as I did, so they may not be so anal when it comes to RMAs.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS