Thermaltake Beetle Cooler

slush_poepie

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Hello Everyone!!!

This is my first post and I just need some help regarding CPU cooling and if anyone knows anything about the following...
I have a Intel core 2 e6400 and would like to get a nice cooler for overclocking...Now I am buying the THERMALTAKE 4 IN 1 HEATPIPE BEETLE cooler for the E6400...

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Cooler/Retail/cl-p0086/cl-p0086.asp

This should still be better than the stock cooler right...But my other question is I am going to be upgrading to the Intel core 2 QUAD q6600 processor soon and will be overclocking that one too...Will the BEETLE be enough or will that just be silly and I should try and get a better cooler...

The beetle prices for about R256(South african Rand) which is about $30(US dollars) and other cooler go for R700+ ($86+) so it is actually quite cheap compared to the others...

Is this a good option?

Perp

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Unless it's brand new I suggest something else as I've never heard of it; meaning it's probably not a top air solution.

I'd go with one of the best personally. Get a TRUE or one of the other top coolers.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I vote Cooler Master Hyper TX-2, search for it at the egg. I got mine for $8 After rebate which I received in a reasonable time too. It's actually one of Tom's picks as well because of its price to performance ratio. It even comes with some nice pre-applied MX-2 paste so all you have to do is clean the cpu and put it on.

slush_poepie

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Thanks but the only problem is living in SA things are hell expensive...Shipping things are even more expensive...So for a $8 powersupply I would en up paying about $50 at our local post office for them to release the package to me...

And considering at the moment my montly salary in america dollar terms barely breaks $500 that is alot to spend on a cooler...Just to give you a perspective of how I suffer with PC parts....
Bought the POINTOFVIEW Geforce 8800 GT 512mb for R3200 which comes down to $400...and that is cheap o and when playstation 3 was release here it was about $1200...

It looks like a good cooler so maybe Ill try it out and let everyone know how it works on the Quads

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Yeah, try it out, I think it looks cool! Anything is better than stock cooling! And a G0 q6600 is pretty cool to begin with. Maybe you can grab a couple pieces of sand paper from a local source and lap the thing to get maximum performance from it.

If you wanna test it vs. the stock cooler, make sure you do a full variety of tests with it OC'd as well as at factory settings, just keep speed step off! Then record the temps and such, swap out to the beetle and do the same tests!

--Lupi

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Hey, yeah, you can deck your bug out with custom coloring to make it more bug like! Kewl!!

Get a few lights, and weird things that wiggle like tentacles, and a remote! Then tell yer girl friend to take a peek in the case and tell you whats making that scratching noise. No, you cant look because you need to watch the screen! Then flip the switch!

Oh, wait. That prolly wouldnt really work. Ahh well. Sounds good!

--Lupi!