Digital Photo's and Windows

How does one compare 2 different directories - to see if they are the
same....

I have thousands of digital photo's and they are all over the place and I
want to organize them.

Or does anyone have a suggestion? Same picture different location or name?

Thanks....

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:52:13 -0400, Ron... wrote:

> How does one compare 2 different directories - to see if they are the
> same....
>

> I have thousands of digital photo's and they are all over the place and I
> want to organize them.
>

> Or does anyone have a suggestion? Same picture different location or name?
>

> Thanks....

I use a program called ViceVersa Pro for this kind of file management task:
http://www.tgrmn.com/
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Can't you just use Find and choose jpg or bmp (whatever you save pics as)
and then once you have the listing, sort them by name? The duplicate names
should be obvious and assuming you have Detailed view, you can manually see
if they're the same size etc. and delete/move as seems appropriate