craigs2007

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Can anyone help building media pc using antec fusion black there is two wires coming from case and there is no reference to them in the manual the wires are marked up m/b pwr (red) and gnd(black) have emailed no reply

firemist

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
The wires are for the MotherBoard Power switch and attach to the MB front panel header pins for turning power on/off to the system. The wires go to a momentary contact switch on the case.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
The motherboard manual may reference the red one as PWR SW. I know that's what I normally see for the Power Switch. If this is your first build though, I would check out some guides and look from some common mistakes people make when building. I wish I would've done the same on my first build... lol (Didn't use stand-offs b/t the mobo and case)

Wolfshadw

Titan
(Didn't use stand-offs b/t the mobo and case)

I'm guilty of this one!

Craigs2007 - rgeist554 is correct. Reference your Motherboard Manual for connecting the front panel connectors. There should be a pin layout for the Power Switch, Reset, and HD Drive Light.

-Wolf sends

craigs2007

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Thanks for that,but i have connected pwr sw/ hdd /and reset, but these two connectors are not mentioned in the motherboard manual or fushion manual my motherboard is a Abit il-90mv this project was out of the pc custom mag may issue so still confused

craigs2007

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
At last got a reply from antec These wires are for the power switch. This allows the IR
reciever to turn the PC on without having to press the power button on the
case.

Connect the power switch into the back of the LCD, and then plug the
M/B PWR into the motherboard Power switch position, and the GRND into the
Power switch position on the other pin. yeh!!!