• 0 %
  • Not bad
  • 0 %
  • Average
  • 0 %
  • Sucks, waste of money
  • 0 %
November 28, 2007 3:04:42 PM

Has anyone had a chance to try out one of these cards? In particular the OC2 version? If this card can run 1280 by 1024 (or higher) at full details (full AA and such), then its a great deal considering its price.

Post on with your experience with these cards :na:  .

More about : bfg 8800 oc2

November 28, 2007 8:21:18 PM

I installed one of these and was wowed by it.

Scored around 16k on 3DMark5.

I have been playing Bioshock and HellGate:London on it was everything turned on and been pleased.

Now if only i could get my second one to work in SLI.
November 28, 2007 8:35:41 PM

I got the OC version for $239 on the first day of release from Frys. I got it less than a week later and have been using it for about a month now maybe little less.

Play a lot of CoD 4 on it, and went back and played Bioshock again all the way through at 1650 Wide everything blasting, looked great no slow down! The game was like a whole new game after playing it on my 7900gt.

Playing on a AMD x2 4400 stock
2 gigs of ddr ram

Related resources
November 28, 2007 8:55:35 PM

As it's manufacturer overclocked, would I see much more heat coming from this than from a standard 8800GT?
November 28, 2007 9:01:08 PM

Yes, there should be more heat, but nothing a little tweak in Rivatuner can't handle. BFG is a good brand, a little expensive though. Some other good brands that are cheaper are Evga and XFX
November 28, 2007 9:17:27 PM

Ok. I've got no extra cooling of my own, only what my PC came with. Would that cause me problems?
November 28, 2007 9:38:33 PM

If your room stays pretty cool you should be fine.

I have no crazy cooling system in my rig, running on air, I just cranked the fan speed up on rivatuner like the other guy said, and it works fine.

Hottest I have seen it was 73 or so under load.
December 4, 2007 3:21:53 PM

Evilonigiri said:
Yes, there should be more heat, but nothing a little tweak in Rivatuner can't handle. BFG is a good brand, a little expensive though. Some other good brands that are cheaper are Evga and XFX

I got my 8800gt OC for $250 at compusa this weekend. That's cheaper than any other brand I've seen so far.

*EDIT* I just noticed that compusa has raised the price to $299. I guess it really was too good of a deal.
December 16, 2007 3:24:31 PM

thegatekeeper said:
Has anyone had a chance to try out one of these cards? In particular the OC2 version? If this card can run 1280 by 1024 (or higher) at full details (full AA and such), then its a great deal considering its price.

Post on with your experience with these cards :na:  .

Dont be tricked by their OC series. All it is, is the stock GT OC's in the BIOS. And I personally got the BFG OC and for some reason it was still only @ 600/1800. Could be because I didnt install their drivers. But with a little RivaTuner adjustment I have it @ 700/1950, over OC2 specs. But I also got some aftermarket cooling. I got the AC accelero S2 with the turbo module. Right now RT says 36C, under load it goes up to 49C. Which is a massive difference from the stock. I would idle @ 60C and load was somewhere in the 80's. And that was @ 600/1800. That thing was a junk, so now I have it as a nice ornament above my desk.
!