striker extreme bios update caused freeze on start

jenman83

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
ok so I have a striker extreme and I tried to update the bios to the most recent one (sorry I don't know what it is since the asus website and my good comp both seem to not be working). I did it with the asus update tool and did it from file with flash I think, oh btw I'm on vista 32 bit. everything went fine and it asked me to restart my comp, when I restarted it came up with the striker extreme logo and the thing that said press del to enter setup or tab to display bios post message and then it freezes, when I start holding del it freezes saying it's entering setup, I've tried clearing cmos and even unplugging it and taking out the little batteyr for 20 mins, nothing seems to work. any suggestions?

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Ok. Your Asus Cd should have Bios recovery tools on it. Im not sure if it is bootable or if you have to build a boot floppy. You mobo manual should have the exact directions how to get it going.

jenman83

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
I don't have a floppy drive, i've heard you can make a usb flash drive into a floppy like drive, is this true?

JerryC

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Yes you can boot from a flash drive, but you have to enable that option in the bios.

This is exactly why I have my boot sequence set to usb then cd and then finally my HD

giovy

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
Hi guys, nice to be in this site where people can get help.
I have the same problem. I have Asus Striker Extreme motherboard for almost a month now., works perfectly fine but I was thinking of upgrading my cpu in the future and it pushes me more with the idea when I saw the new revision (update BIOS) from asus site downloaded and updated my BIOS thru asus update utility in windows. Unfortunately, when the utility says "update successful please reboot your sytem for the new bios to take effect", after pressing yes my pc rebooted but IT FREEZES!!!!! IT JUST STAYS IN THE "ASUS STRIKER REPUBLIC OF GAMER LOGO WITH Del to go to BIOS and Tab to show boot up process etc... etc.." OH PLEASE DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I AM REALLY IN DESPERATE OF HELP..

MY PC SPECS:
cpu intel E6850 3GHz
memory Patriot 2Gb(2x1GB) PC2 6400 C4 Extreme
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
VGA 2x NVIDIA 8800GT Overclocked running SLI
PSU Seasonic 600W