Sign in with
Your question

New Computer Build, need advice.

December 7, 2012 1:31:57 AM

So I just built myself a new computer and had a very horrible day.
I originally was running a 500w power supply with this build, not expecting the system to run, but it did start up.

2 Nvidia GTX 550 Ti Graphics cards SLIed With the 2nd one being dedicated for anything PhysX

1 Intel 3770K I7 Processor

1 Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard

Upon installing all of this everything worked great. I could get on the internet and everything, all my drivers installed fine, so I copied Deus X Human Revolution from my other hard drive onto my new one to test out my shiny new graphics cards. I figured with these two cards I could kick everything up on max (16xAA, Triple buffering, ect) and the game looked great, for about 30 seconds. After running around for a few seconds my computer kicked off, and then I smelled something hot. Luckily when I opened the computer the only thing that got fried was the power supply, which I'm guessing is because it couldn't pull enough power.

I had already ordered a 1050w Power supply in anticipation my old one wouldn't even run the new system, so what I'm asking is will that be enough? Can I turn my game settings up without worrying about it frying it again?

TLDR:

2 Nvidia GTX 550 Ti Graphics cards SLIed With the 2nd one being dedicated for anything PhysX

1 Intel 3770K I7 Processor

1 Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard

TLDR: Is a 1050w power supply enough for the above system after this same build frying a 500w power supply?

More about : computer build advice

!