Dell dimension xp shuts down when it is inactive

Sue Laing

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Despite my having all power options set to never shut down this desktop crashes down whenever it is left inactive for a few minutes. It only began doing it about a week ago.

Same story, different day nicolatelsa? There's nothing wrong with the quality free programs. You just have to know which programs are good and which ones aren't. Then download them from their website, not joeschmo.com 3rd party website.

I really wish you would stop spreading disinformation on the forum.

That could've been caused by the OP not uninstalling the program correctly or totally unrelated program errors. In that thread, the OP never mentioned losing ANY data, or even confirmed that Avira was the cause.

As I've seen many of the same threads you're referring to, I know what's been reported. If you can't come up with some proof that these quality, free programs (avira, avast, ccleaner, malwarebytes...etc) cause any harm, then you need to stop posting your disinformation. These programs are spoken very highly of throughout the forum, and help many more users than you know. This forum is here to spread knowledge and facts, not personal bias'.

I'm sorry your thread has been hijacked. Please let me know if there if you need any more assistance.