Need help installing a motherboard

titand

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I am trying to install a motherboard in a comp and I guess I did something wrong..I guessed on the pin settings got it to turn off/on but I get no signal from the video card and I know the card is good because its as old as mine..I bought it the same day I got mine about2 months ago

titand

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
its a K7SV266AD Syntax motherboard..I just need the instructions on how to install it and the pin settings for the HDD light and reset button. ANy idea?

cmc242

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
well here's a site I found through Google...

http://64.168.125.230/support/Syntax/Motherboard/

I think it's strange that they dont have a domain... maybe all the good names that include 'Syntax' were already chosen... anyway, this site has manuals for various Syntax boards, but not yours. I would study them anyway, since the company probably puts its power and reset pins in the same place (or at least on the same type of connector) on all its boards.

You can also test which jumpers power up the board by putting it in the chassis with the PSU turned on and poking each pair of exposed jumpers with a metal probe. When you bridge the correct jumper the machine will turn on, unless you connect the self-destruct jumpers and destroy the thing. You could start with the pairs of jumpers that look like they might be a front panel connector - a set with at least two pairs of adjacent pins plus some more for LEDs. I'd call this a high-risk approach, and I don't honestly recommend it, but the board is useless anyway if you can't turn it on...

Have fun, and dont do anything that might get you electrocuted

Try searching on just "SV266AD". I think the "K7" only represents the AMD processor generation (Athlon/Duron).

If you find a manual, compare the pictures and drawings to your motherboard.