New Xbox designed for HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 12, 2005 10:03:32 PM

The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
for HDTV.

--
hdtvnut\nThis post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

More about : xbox designed hdtv

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:42:15 AM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:03:32 -0600, hdtvnut <hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
>40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
>version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
>for HDTV.

I'm no Xbox fan, but ALL games for the Xbox 360 will be 16:9 and 720p or 1080i.

Galley
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:42:53 AM

Sweet.

"hdtvnut" <hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org> wrote in message news:hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org...

> The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
> 40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
> version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
> for HDTV.
>

> --
> hdtvnut\nThis post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

May 13, 2005 3:00:47 PM

All the specs are here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

Actually it is a 20GB HD not 40 and I haven't read anything about Halo 2.5
coming on it.
But yes all games for it must support a min 720p 16:9 and DD5.1

"hdtvnut" <hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org> wrote in message

> The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
> 40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
> version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
> for HDTV.
>

> --
> hdtvnut\nThis post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:00:47 PM

All the specs are here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

Actually it is a 20GB HD not 40 and I haven't read anything about Halo 2.5
coming on it.
But yes all games for it must support a min 720p 16:9 and DD5.1

"hdtvnut" <hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org> wrote in message

> The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
> 40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
> version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
> for HDTV.
>

> --
> hdtvnut\nThis post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

May 13, 2005 10:07:39 PM

It did not look advanced to me. The games are just the same that are
already out. It is too soon...

--
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"hdtvnut" <hdtvnut.1oy19g@no-mx.hdtv-info.org> wrote in message

> The new Xbox 360 gaming console should be pretty sweet. It comes with a
> 40 GB hard drive pre-loaded with Halo 2.5, which will be an updated
> version of Halo 2 with high resolution textures in widescreen designed
> for HDTV.
>

> --
> hdtvnut\nThis post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:53:04 PM

Well I'd base my info in what MS officially said yesterday, not rumors from
days before but that is just me :-)

"hdtvnut" <hdtvnut.1ozfp6@no-mx.hdtv-info.org> wrote in message

> schooner Wrote:
>> Actually it is a 20GB HD not 40 and I haven't read anything about Halo
>> 2.5 coming on it.
>
> Here's the 40GB hard drive and Halo 2.5:
> http://www.gamerlounge.com/demo_news.php?grab=141
>

> --
> hdtvnut- This post originated from http://www.hdtv-info.org/forum/

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 9:43:51 PM

IMHO they are far more advanced the system runs three GHZ chips and runs
One t-flop which makes it essentially a super-computer :D

--
mposani, Posted this message at http://www.SatelliteGuys.US
Anonymous

check out the HD demos on msofts website of call of duty 2 or gears of
war and you may just re-think the whole too early thing. :)

--
mposani, Posted this message at http://www.SatelliteGuys.US
!