Drivers on ASUS MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hey guys,

I am reinstalling windows on a new SSD that I got so that means I will need to reinstall my drivers for my mobo. I have an ASUS P8Z77 V-LK MOBO. Usually I just pop in the disc and download the drivers. I know it is reccomended to download the drivers off the website. I am pretty new to computers and computer building so I get a bit confused at this page: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P8Z77-V+LK&p=1&s=39 Do I just download the top driver for every single topic? Because when you drop down the choices there are a lot of them. Not really sure what the difference is. Also, under utilities, there are many different drivers. Do I download all of them?

Basically I am wondering what drivers I should look to download off the website. The CD usually did it all for me but does not provide the most up-to-date drivers.

Thanks!

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

What about things like Utilities? Do I get all of them?

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

otherwise I should just get the latest version under every category?

Real question actually: For example, under chipset there is both Management Engine Interface and Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1019. I get both of those even though they are under the same category correct? They are different right?

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I honestly hate to be a bother like this (cause I really do sound like an idiot) but there are many options for other categories as well. SATA has Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Intel Rapid Start Technology. LAN has Realtek LAN Driver and Realtek Ethernet Utility. VGA has Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver and Intel VGA Driver . There are a couple others but basically I am asking how do I know which to get. I apologize if this is a simple topic that I am over complicating but I have always relied on the CD so not really sure what to do here.

I totally understand your problem because I had the same. After a lot of researching the web, what the hell all this Intel management and start and .... means, I know how you must feel.
The main problem in this case is that the ASUS driver page doesn´t make differences between optional and recommended drivers. The second is that there is no driver archive, so you see two, three or more versions of the drivers history. Third, the driver names differ a little bit which can be confusing. For example LAN and Ethernet or VGA/Graphics Accelerator and Display driver means the same thing. I will make a list for you, what you have to download.

Chipset:
Management Engine Interface V8.1.0.1263 (mostly energy saving)
Management Engine Interface V8.1.0.1263 for Windows XP 32bit & Vista 32bit & Win7 32bit & Win8 32bit---(WHQL).
Management Engine Interface V8.1.0.1263 for Windows XP 64bit & Vista 64bit & Win7 64bit & Win8 64bit---(WHQL).
File Size
56,28 (MBytes) 2012.09.05 update
Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1019

Audio:
Realtek Audio Driver V5.10.0.6657

VGA:
Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V9.17.10.2828
Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V9.17.10.2828 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win8 32bit---(WHQL).
Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V9.17.10.2828 for Windows Win7 64bit & Win8 64bit---(WHQL).
File Size
273,96 (MBytes) 2012.09.19

LAN:
Realtek LAN Driver V7.61.612.2012

USB
(there are two chips of different brand on the mainboard, so both drivers have to be installed):
Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver V1.16.2.0
and
Intel USB 3.0 Driver V 1.0.5.235

That should be it.

nawit

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hate to sound silly again but what are the spoilers in your post? :/ Sorry if I am asking dumb questions just want to be sure.

Also, should I not worry about firmware, SATA, or BIOS driver updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS