Sign in with
Your question

Cisco Aironet 1300

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 5, 2009 3:51:33 PM

I have 3 Cisco Aironet 1300's to connect 2 buildings (over the top of a building in between). The wireless interface on one of the aironets will go down spiratically and either need to be re-enabled through the interface or re-booted. There does not see to be a pattern to when the interface goes down, sometimes 3 to 4 times a day, other times it's fine for 3 to 4 days.

Is there a way to have this interface reset itself when this happens?

More about : cisco aironet 1300

March 12, 2009 7:23:38 PM

I am afraid you'll have to write a script to do that. Cisco IOS supports Tcl/Tk scripts but that's as far as I know in that regard.

When you say it is down, is it "interface up/line protocol down" or both interface and line proto are down?
March 19, 2009 9:40:35 PM

mboie said:
I have 3 Cisco Aironet 1300's to connect 2 buildings (over the top of a building in between). The wireless interface on one of the aironets will go down spiratically and either need to be re-enabled through the interface or re-booted. There does not see to be a pattern to when the interface goes down, sometimes 3 to 4 times a day, other times it's fine for 3 to 4 days.

Is there a way to have this interface reset itself when this happens?

I would worry less about how to get around it and rather correct the problem why its going down. Have you set up any traps or done any captures ?
!