Hi all....Got a weird problem!......my PC keeps re-booting by itself, (hard
re-boot), as if the RESET button were pushed!
This started on 6/16/05, after Microsoft's last update.
I have a Dell Dimension 4100 w/512 Megs of Ram running XP Pro......I'm ready
to do a system restore (in safe mode) and see if that fixes it......any
ideas?
Thanks,

Bob

Robert E. Willis wrote:
> Hi all....Got a weird problem!......my PC keeps re-booting by itself,
> (hard re-boot), as if the RESET button were pushed!
> This started on 6/16/05, after Microsoft's last update.
> I have a Dell Dimension 4100 w/512 Megs of Ram running XP
> Pro......I'm ready to do a system restore (in safe mode) and see if
> that fixes it......any ideas?

Did you try uninstalling the update in Add/Remove Programs control panel?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

> Robert E. Willis wrote:
>> Hi all....Got a weird problem!......my PC keeps re-booting by itself,
>> (hard re-boot), as if the RESET button were pushed!
>> This started on 6/16/05, after Microsoft's last update.
>> I have a Dell Dimension 4100 w/512 Megs of Ram running XP
>> Pro......I'm ready to do a system restore (in safe mode) and see if
>> that fixes it......any ideas?
>
> Did you try uninstalling the update in Add/Remove Programs control
> panel?
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

Right click My Computer and select Properties | Advanced and click Settings
in the Startup and Recovery section at the bottom. Uncheck Automatically
restart. Now instead of restarting you will see the blue screed. Tell us
what error it gives.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com