7900GT and video drivers

scattershot

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I am currently running VISTA home premium and my 7900gt is acting up on me. I recently updated my drivers to the newest version and now is splash screen flickers. The graphics in WOW and HF2 and others really flicker. I have to Crtl-Alt-Del and either "cancel" or task manager to get back into the application. I have tried previous video drivers and they work for abit and then when/if I have to reboot.. they go back to flickering.
I am using "driver detective" and it says that the PCI bridge -244E and the P35 PCI express bridge driver is out of date.
I am also having a tough time finding these drivers for VISTA.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I hate to tell you this bud, but the 7000 Series has horrible Vista support. If you check Nvidia's forums, you'll see that ever since the early releases, the drivers have been causing all sorts of problems. I didn't check that before I switched to Vista 64bit, and now I'm stuck with a lower resolution and refresh rate on my monitor because my 7900GT artifacts when I change anything. Nvidia just decided to screw everyone with a 7000 Series card over in Vista.

mikesims10670

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2007
I am in the same boat. I have a 7950GT with Vista 64 Enterprise. What is the best - most stable video card to use with Vista 64 edition? I don't play games, I just use it for business applications (Virtual machines etc.). I prefer nVidia but I'm not opposed to switching to ATI.

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Here's the link to the Nvidia Vista forums. I'm personally using the latest drivers and hoping that the next release fixes the issues, but it's not looking too good at the moment. The last driver to not cause all sorts of issues was the 100.65 driver.

Nvidia Vista Issues Forum:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=27043&st=1360&p=282823&