Sanyo 32" HDTV HT32744 with PC HDMI

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 13, 2005 10:17:35 AM

I have a Sanyo HT32744 32" HDTV and want to hook up my PC to it. I have
been useing the composite to do this and can get 800x600 resolution on
it, but its kinda hard to read.

I got a DVI to HDMI cable and used that to connect the 2 and got
720x480 resolution (looks great though). I am using powerstrip to vary
the output resolution, but wondering if anyone has already done the leg
work and found what resolution works on this TV?

Also when I play with the settings, I loose the HDMI signal on the TV.
I presume that I'm outputting a signal that it won't take therefore
won't try to display it. Any advice?

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:47:30 PM

Great source for the capabilities are<
"burnley" <chrisbooth@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have a Sanyo HT32744 32" HDTV and want to hook up my PC to it. I have
> been useing the composite to do this and can get 800x600 resolution on
> it, but its kinda hard to read.
>
> I got a DVI to HDMI cable and used that to connect the 2 and got
> 720x480 resolution (looks great though). I am using powerstrip to vary
> the output resolution, but wondering if anyone has already done the leg
> work and found what resolution works on this TV?
>
> Also when I play with the settings, I loose the HDMI signal on the TV.
> I presume that I'm outputting a signal that it won't take therefore
> won't try to display it. Any advice?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

May 24, 2005 4:15:42 AM

"burnley" <chrisbooth@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have a Sanyo HT32744 32" HDTV and want to hook up my PC to it. I have
> been useing the composite to do this and can get 800x600 resolution on
> it, but its kinda hard to read.
>
> I got a DVI to HDMI cable and used that to connect the 2 and got
> 720x480 resolution (looks great though). I am using powerstrip to vary
> the output resolution, but wondering if anyone has already done the leg
> work and found what resolution works on this TV?
>
> Also when I play with the settings, I loose the HDMI signal on the TV.
> I presume that I'm outputting a signal that it won't take therefore
> won't try to display it. Any advice?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

My 32 inch Samsung LCD is 1280 x 768 and I have played my laptop to it at
1280x 1024 and the tv scales in internally.

BC
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:06:38 AM

Cheers for the posting BC.
I just wondered what this beast could do to save me some hours playing
with it.

I have ATI 8500 All In Wonder that have DVI out. I bought a DVI to HDMI
cable ($16)and I could get a picture at 720x480 (I think), so it was
displaying at 480p. I had an old version of powerstrip that I updated
and when trying timings on that I couldn't get a picture.
I read around and found people had better luck with component, so I
plunked down $29 to get the ATI DVI to component interface. Hooked this
up and it is showing at 1080i. This is MINT! I increased the font sizes
and I can read everything and surf on it (Using Opera since you can
zoom using the keyboard).
Downside is the screen is 1920x1080, and my TV is 4:3, but thats fine
and have 1" black on right hand side from overscan.
Using TV through the computer looks better than through composite to TV
(Haven't gotten HDTV cable box yet). Need to use zoom function on TV to
get it to full screen instead of having that 1" black on right hand
side. DVD's look awesome, and so do TV recordings onto computer.
I know the AIW8500 is old, so I might upgrade that later, but my wife
is happy with it (she's having trouble with bringing up pre-recorded
shows, but I'm sure thats due to me making it more complex that usual).

BTW can you disable inputs with the service manual? I downloaded a copy
of it, but it doesn't seem obvious at present.
!