For windows xp set up file i386/kdcom dll is corrupted and computer wont boot

SKATYAL

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I recently downloaded SP3 and I didn't have SP1a so I had to get installed that first in order to installed SP3 over it. Since then I am experiencing this problem with the above thread i386/kdcom.dll file is corrupted when I try to set up with booting with Windows XP professional CD and I do not have floppy drive to boot it with set up or repair floppies of NT operating system. Actually this problem happened due to ADOBE updates every now and then pops up to install when I do it says failed to install with reason "either your computer is running in Safe mode or windows setup is corrupted and tells me to reset it but it won't let me set it up or boot the disc.

I already have checked the CMOS bios and the prime master is the hard disc and secondary master is the CD ROM. Otherwise my PC is running fine with proper speed Also it won't let me uninstall my older version of ADOBE 9.2 program from AD REMOVE list. Please tell me what to do. The error code it gives me while trying to boot is 4096 also says INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupted. I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Suresh

SKATYAL

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Hi thank you for your prompt reply to help solve my boot problem. But I am afraid about setting in BIOS the CD ROM as first boot switching from Hard drive as first and making it as second, probably if it won't boot at all then I will even lose what I have now properly running PC. It's not guaranteed that it will boot into setup mode and without giving any further errors or any new errors more so. Please advise. I am awaiting an answer.

Thanks again and god bless,
Suresh

There is no risk to changing the boot order. You have to set the CD drive as the first boot device, or the PC will continue trying to boot off the hard drive instead. This setting can always be changed back after the repair is done.

Relax, it's completely safe :)

G

Hi again AFord10, I actually went back and check the boot order and found the CD drive is set in first boot as default already and I do not have to change the order. When I tried to boot from another Winxp disc gave me error INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 4096. Setup cannot continue press any key to exit. Please help me for god sake.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am awaiting your answer.

Some programs won't install on my winxp PC is of HP manufacture. Specially ADOBE updates are not installing. Gives reason msg that your system is either operating in Safe mode or windows set is corrupted. While trying to boot WinXP disc says INF file txtsetup.sifis corrupt or missing, status 4096
Set up cannot continue.

Please try and wee what can be done.
Thanks,

TRENDING THREADS