Godzing

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Well I am planing on buying a new pc (gaming mostly) soon however I am unsure of when to get it. Originally i was going to get a Q6600 + 8800GT but I got to thinking, with the Intel Q9450 coming out jan 7 for around the price that the q6600 is now and with the heat reduction meaning I could get a nice OC and the new 8800 gts from nvidia coming out... not sure when, December? When do you think its most prudent to buy a new rig? Is it worth the wait?

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
What is your current rig?

I would evaluate building a new one based upon your current rig, how functional that unit is operating, and what parts might be transferred to the new unit and your desire to upgrade in the future.

At the moment, with the new processor just right around the corner, I would have a tendenacy to wait. That said, if a Q6600 is 3x better than what you got now, then just do it now and don't worry what is coming in the future. If your current rig is only 1 or 2 years old, then I would just wait.

r-sky

Distinguished
May 8, 2007

The best time to buy is always the day after I did :ouch:

Seriously, there is always something better just around the corner so you just have to do it.